Automatic windows don't work and check engine light won't turn off - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Automatic windows don't work and check engine light won't turn off

Hey,

Ever since I installed a new cold air intake years ago my 07 tC's driver side window won't roll up automatically like it used to or how my left side still does and the check engine light has never disappeared.

I've already screwed in the receiver from the old air system to the new and is held on tight, still the check engine light won't turn off.

Over the years when the lights were reset, the check engine light would turn back on.

There have been no incidents regarding my engine since the engine light first turned on 2 years ago.

Anyone has any suggestions? The engine light is a real eye sore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The light isnt an eyesore, something is wrong. You need to see what code is set. Did you get an intake for an 07+ specifically?

The fix for your windows is simple and is in your owners manual. After the battery is disconnected you have to re initialize them. Open window halfway, roll back up and hold the switch up for another 5 seconds or so. Problem solved.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Scion Guru

So the engine light has been on for 2 years? How do you know nothing else is wrong with the car then?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

I tried the window fix as you described, it only messed up my good passenger side. Then I read it should be done with two people rolling the windows in unison during the process you described.

It has actually been almost 3 years, I just looked up my receipt and this is the intake my friend and I installed: Scion tC Option Racing Cold Air Intake Pipe by Option Racing
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

I wouldn't know if something else is wrong, because since 3 years ago it turned on after installing the new intake.

My car has never broken down or given me any engine problems whatsoever.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

I reset the ECU by unplugging the battery for 15 minutes.

The light was off at first but when I took it for the test drive right after it lit up within 3 miles.

The window reset did not work either, it seemed to have worked in one try but 10 minutes later my driver side window stopped working again and my passenger window continued working fine.

I've done what the manual said, I don't know what other options to take other than to take it to the dealership.

I'll post back for results.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

To reset the windows just keep holding the damn thing in for like 20 seconds all the way down, and all the way up. If it resets itself, then just keep resetting it until it sticks.

As for the CEL you've probably just got a bunk intake. Or a crap filter. Go get your code checked and see what it's actually for. For all you know you could just need a new gas cap and it could be a coincidence that it came on when you installed your intake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<Click for old tC Pic Thread
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, that link is for an intake to fit an 04-05 tc. They changed the maf setup in 07. So even if you were able to install the maf it will never work right and will set a code.

But like we have said, you wont find out whats wrong without having the codes pulled to see which codes are set.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

The window reset seems to finally be sticking, will know for sure over the next few days as I drive if it'll go back or not.

The code is P0101:

1. Vacuum hose off, cracked or passage blocked engine mechanical timing condition
2. Throttle body intake tube loose, off or cracked
3. Barometer/Manifold Absolute Pressure defective
4. Vane Air Flow, Mass Air Flow sensor dirty or defective

Does anyone have advice on how to fix these? If its the MAF will I just always have it on because the intake I have is for 04-05 tC?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

Well like Engi said, if your intake is for an 05-06 and you're running it on an 07 then you're always going to throw a code for it.

And judging by the codes, I'd say that's your issue. It's just not sealed up well somewhere.

I'm curious what kind of gas mileage you're getting.

<<Click for old tC Pic Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page