will 05-07 headlight assembly fit 09? - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to serith
Default will 05-07 headlight assembly fit 09?

this is obviously a bit of a strange question, however i'm genuinely curious if the headlights from an 05/06/07 will fit on my 2009. the physical shape is the same, however i wonder if the hardware to mount them will line up. the projection lenses on the 09 are rather weak and i was going to try this swap so i can go back to having low beams with reflector housings which the first 3 model years had (they switched to projection in 2008). thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 01:11 AM
JJM

Pretty sure they fit. Have you tried aiming your lights? Just got my 2010 and noticed the lows are aimed way too high. I live out in a rural area so the more light I can get, the better. After aiming them I think they’ll be sufficient. Just gotta put in a new power steering pump before I can test them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 03:21 AM

Garage

Yes they will. I had 08 projectors in my 06 when I had it and just installed them in my girlfriend's 05. Before getting older style headlights, try a HID kit in 5000K-5500K. Projectors are made for HID and you don't get the awful glare like you would with them in a reflector housing. Aim them correctly and you will not be disappointed.

The Retrofit Source has some of the best kits on the market, but they're pricey. DDM tuning can be hit or miss, but I've never had any problems with their HID kits. My girlfriend has been running them for almost a year now with no problems. HIDs in those projectors are seriously a night and day difference.

Good luck.

2006 tC - Gone
1997 Eclipse GSX -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page