Some things that I'd like to see as far as making it more friendly for AutoX and/or weekend road racing:
1) Fuel cutoff under high-G right hand turns. While Toyota Motorsports fixed this in the Pro/Celeb tC's and were kind enough to provide me the info on obtaining the part, it'd be nice if this was TRULY fixed or an actual part was available directly through TRD. For those that don't know, it's simply a fuel collector
2) Oil windage tray... this thing would flat-out improve engine life for any autocrosser, weekend road warrior, or daily driver. Again, perfect time for TRD to step up.
3) As undesired stated, having a more linear clutch pedal without as much play.
As far as daily driving:
1) The braces on the side that your friend already stated where the knees rub up against. Not only is this annoying for tracks, extended driving can also be a PITA. It's more of an annoyance than anything.
2) Swap the damn RPM and speed gauge at least on manual transmission cars. It's so annoying that it's more difficult to see the RPMs than the speed. Simply doing something like the RX-8 where the speed is a digital display inlaid into the tach would be perfect.
As far as product development:
On the newer Scion's, Toyota's, and Lexus' there are CAN networks. Opening up the protocol to owners and or developers for CERTAIN
aspects would be nice. Sure any decent engineer will crack it pretty quickly, but having some documentation would be nice. This would be good for controlling windows, the radio, generic vehicle information, etc on a carputer and the like. I could think of hundreds of applications that would be perfect for the tC (unfortunately I have an '05, and there isn't an all encompassing CAN network).
And for the love of god, stop making the Release Series tC's getting even more bland colors as time goes on.