LEDMODS - BUYER BEWARE - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink

Please do not give Paul Salmas of LEDMODS your business. Read this entire thread for more information. Paul Salmas of LED MODS has been banned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

He is a good guy.

I will say though... UV leds are bad for your eyes, I would not be putting them in peoples cars. I have actually turned down a few people requesting those from me simply out of liability concerns, so be careful with that. I can get the LEDs for it, but dont care to risk it.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM

How much for all blue like one of the first pictures on the guages and the HVAC? And how long would I be w.o them?

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by engifineer+Jan 5 2007, 01:29 PM-->QUOTE (engifineer @ Jan 5 2007, 01:29 PM)
Quote:
He is a good guy.

I will say though... UV leds are bad for your eyes, I would not be putting them in peoples cars. I have actually turned down a few people requesting those from me simply out of liability concerns, so be careful with that.* I can get the LEDs for it, but dont care to risk it.[/b]
Thanks! Yes, the UV lights can be damaging to the eyes, as I explain to all my customers requesting this. They are the same as the fluorescent blacklights people get for their rooms. As long as they know.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jonnyb504
@ Jan 5 2007, 02:40 PM
How much for all blue like one of the first pictures on the guages and the HVAC? And how long would I be w.o them?
For the gauges in the first picture, that is $120 for a true 2 color gauge/needle combo. You can mix and match the colors if you like. For the mirrored gauge trim in the first picture, that is $60. For the HVAC, the price is $100.

I have a 1 day turnaround time.

I also have pricing and more pictures on my website - www.ledmods.net.

-Paul
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 PM

Ok, I got a few questions about the LEDs. First off, how much would it cost me for blue LEDs for both the gauges and the HVAC? I would also like to have the needle change from white to red like in the little videos ou have. And my last question is how hard are they to put in and how easy would it be to screw up the gauges?
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HyPn0TiC@Jan 9 2007, 05:47 PM
Ok, I got a few questions about the LEDs. First off, how much would it cost me for blue LEDs for both the gauges and the HVAC? I would also like to have the needle change from white to red like in the little videos ou have. And my last question is how hard are they to put in and how easy would it be to screw up the gauges?
I'll send you a PM.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Sorry Paul, but I have given you the benefit of the doubt, even semi-stuck up for you. Even after you accused and complained because you thought some of us were advertising by posting swaps we had done because it "stole" your business (due to us "advertising" without paying.. even though we were not). I have been nothing but nice to you in the past. But after so many recent happenings I dont want anyone thinking I remotely support your work anymore out of fear they will put me in the same category. I already have people who are wary of sending thier parts to ANYONE because of what they have heard about what you are doing. And due to the fact that I dont want anyone else falling into this trap:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....2483744#2483744

There are plenty of pages leading up to that one.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

all i wnt to know is how to make arrows to change the color? solder two LED instead of 1 and put a divider between them?

My
- My

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Send a message via AIM to DevilBuckeye Send a message via Yahoo to DevilBuckeye

Wow, and I just put him n my list of things to get like 20 minutes ago. Looks like I have changed my mind. Could someone give me a better background story though?

post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Destroyer of Cones

That whole thread has other stories in it. And that is not the first thread about this. Again, I could care less if this gets me any business, that is not my point. I would never bash someone else to gain me business. As a matter of fact, I only take in a fraction of the requests I get. The reason? I dont have a lot of time and want to ensure that I actually live up to my one day turnaround. I am sure that some will think that I am just trying to steal his business. But, if my other threads are read, people will know that I have sent plenty of business to Trung or Jeremy when I knew I couldnt get to it.

I have and always will be pretty hard on companies that come on and do things like this. I gave his various excuses to various stories like this the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But it seems more of them come up, and then more excuses come up. If there really are issues in his life, I feel for him, but the simple solution is to not take work that he cannot complete. My hope by posting this here as well is to get his attention so he will actually get back to his customers who have been without thier parts for weeks or months.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page