User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 506 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to suprman133 Send a message via Yahoo to suprman133

QUOTE (lucidspoon @ Jul 7 2009, 07:00 AM)
Quote:
What does the kettlebell do that the same amount of weight on a dumbbell can't? Is it just easier to move around to different positions?[/b]
kettle bell isn't necessarily any more effective, and it has its limitations, but it is a great way to target new areas, incorporate complex movement, and supplement your normal routine.

It allows for some more power moves, and works great when you're working with plyo and building strength.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 506 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

I've been doing a bit of jump roping and running in the past few weeks, but seeing as I need to lay off on my ankle and take it easy for a bit, I'm looking for alternative exercises. I should be doing cardio to get my metabolism up, but since I can't, I suppose I can lift some weights.

What do you recommend in toning arms?

BUT IT IS SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!
post #103 of 506 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

G, whats your take on p90x deal?

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011

post #104 of 506 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

QUOTE (doNna @ Jul 20 2009, 07:26 PM)
Quote:
I've been doing a bit of jump roping and running in the past few weeks, but seeing as I need to lay off on my ankle and take it easy for a bit, I'm looking for alternative exercises. I should be doing cardio to get my metabolism up, but since I can't, I suppose I can lift some weights.

What do you recommend in toning arms?[/b]
Definitely invest in one of the resistance bands i mentioned earlier in the thread. You can do over 150 different exercises with one set of bands alone.

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
post #105 of 506 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

QUOTE (Foques @ Jul 29 2009, 09:38 PM)
Quote:
G, whats your take on p90x deal?[/b]
P90X is a great beginner program for those new to circuit-type training and those trying to trim down body fat. It is very helpful especially if you have hit a bit of a plateau on your progress. It is definitely not the end-all like the program would suggest as many of the exercises are purely cosmetic and you strength will peak quickly.

For most people looking to increase athleticism, and cut fat it is a good place to start for 3-6 months. After that if strength increases, or futher cosmetic growth is desired, you will have to switch to something more challenging.

I find the videos very easy myself, but most people don't have the same definition of challenging as I do.

I've recommended the program as a starting point for people who are not yet ready for my cycle, and it has helped. For the average person, it is a great way to challenge yourself and as far as DVD/Infomercial workout products go, P90X is the best out there.

post #106 of 506 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 PM

My thing lately has been trying to get my mile time down. I hadn't run a timed mile since 10th grade and since then I've been doing nothing but distance running. I can go run 8 miles no problem but I've trained myself to keep at a pace where I can go that long so about a week ago I got curious what I could do a mile in. This was at the end of my workout and I had already ran a paced mile but I ran it in almost 8 minutes. To me that was horrible. My fastest time in school was a 6:16 so I know I could do better, I just had to get use to running at speed instead of pace. I ran again the next day and got it down to 7:15, went back and tried it again 30 minutes later and got it down to 7min. Went out the next day and knocked it down to 6:36, then to 6:18. I went out earlier and knocked it down to 6:15 but I felt like ish, I had a greasy lunch and I felt it bogging me down. My goal is by Sunday to be in the 5 minute range.
post #107 of 506 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Resident Swagologist

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Deep

damn. you worked that down quick!

I was an 8 minute mile at the end of my sophomore year. was running low 5 high 4 by the end of my junior year. gotta love soccer :-)

post #108 of 506 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Resident Swagologist

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Deep

damn. you worked that down quick!

I was an 8 minute mile at the end of my sophomore year. was running low 5 high 4 by the end of my junior year. gotta love soccer :-)

post #109 of 506 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM

That's a pretty drastic change from one year to the next! I think the last time I ran a timed mile was freshman year of highschool. I was just under 8 minutes, but I was definitely not athletic in any way shape or form.

I was actually just at the track last night. I only did about 3 miles total. About 2 miles walking and 1 mile jogging. None of it was timed, but it's never felt so easy to jog at the pace I was going. I'm guessing it's from the squats I've been doing while lifting weights. I was pretty out of breath after the first lap or so, but after that I was going faster and feeling just fine. I'm guessing it just took my body a minute or two to adjust to doing cardio.

Daily Driver
2008 Lexus IS350 - X Package
Family Driver
2013 Subaru Legacy
Sold

Quote:
Plexi. Full Stack. Dimed. It'll Fluff Your Comforter...
Quote:
If done right, Panda can be extremely sexy.
post #110 of 506 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 01:32 PM

So maybe I'm not in as good of shape as I thought...

I just went to the track just to get a baseline mile time. To warm up, I walked a lap, jogged a lap, walked a lap, and then jogged a lap. I was getting ready to time myself when I realized I forgot to bring water. I started walking to a couple places to try to find bottled water. Ended up taking me a mile round trip just to find water...

Once I got back to the track, I started timing myself. Just after the first lap, I realized I wasn't going to make it a mile at that pace. I still felt like I was at a good pace to have gotten well under an 8 minute mile without trying too hard. Sadly, I checked after a half mile, and it had been 4.5 minutes...

I was going to walk a bit more and then try again, but Sarah called and said she wanted to go to the track when she got off work, so I came home, and I'll just go back out with her when she gets home and hopefully have some more energy.

Daily Driver
2008 Lexus IS350 - X Package
Family Driver
2013 Subaru Legacy
Sold

Quote:
Plexi. Full Stack. Dimed. It'll Fluff Your Comforter...
Quote:
If done right, Panda can be extremely sexy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page