Switching coolant from green to pink? - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Switching coolant from green to pink?

I have a 2005 Scion TC and only recently I started to be interested in "do-it-yourself" stuff both to save money but mostly to just build a new skill slowly. Since I am complete newbie I started with the easy stuff and now I want to change to coolant. I think it is about three years since I changed it. No problems with it (level OK, looks good, etc). However I noticed that it is green. I must admit that at the time of last change I was relying completely on mechanic advice on maintenance and when he said I need to change the coolant I said yes and did not care to ask about the type they used. I just assumed they will use whatever is appropriate.

Now I read about the differences between the original pink coolant and the green stuff and that one should not mix them. My question is what should I do from now on? Just change it with the green stuff since this is what I have now? And if yes, which type of coolant is OK for Scion TC besides the original one? If I change it back to the original pink one is that OK or does it matter? I would like to do it myself just for the sake of it but, despite reading through various posts I could not find something that matches my particular case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page