OEM cruse control on spec tc - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default OEM cruse control on spec tc

I have the 08 spec tc and I got the upgraded leather steering wheel for chrismas. This wheel includes the cruse control module and I was wondering if my spec has the necessary wording harness to just plug it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

...have you tried looking?

Another thread here, but it doesn't look like they got very far either.

Although they did raise a good point about steeringwheel control wires too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<Click for old tC Pic Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Default Making progress

Yes I did try looking and here is as far as I got:

I found the manual for the cruse control switch from rostra (they are the ones who make the oem switch from what I have read). The manual says that on most vehicles it should be plug and play, but in the "troubleshooting" section they say that some FJ Crusers (It is for a variety of Toyotas) are not pre-wired for cruse. They say to remedy this you need to run a wire from pin 5 on the black connector coming off of the clock-spring connector behind the steering wheel to pin 2 on the E46 connector on the ECU (Diagrams in the manual). So I went to run the wire and realized that there is a wire in pin 2 on the E46, but there wasn't one in pin 5 of the black connector. Should I just splice into the blue/grey wire in pin 2 or can anyone tell me where it goes? also can someone confirm that that is the pin I am supposed to connect the cruse to?

Here is a picture of my ECU (the blue/grey wire is in pin 2 which is kindof hard to see)
and here is a picture of the black connector behind the steering wheel (the red wire is the one I added)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Obsessed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'll be able to look at my factory setup after I get moved into my new place in FL

You've just been RoboTuned

Quote:
This whole, not being able to view your images from a Government computer thing is really cramping my style.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

That would be great, could you also probe it with a multimeter to see if pin 5 on the black connector is connected pin 2 on the E46?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Obsessed

Potentially...I'd say it's not due to different resistance between the two for different inputs. I'll check the wiring schematic when I go to do this...gonna be a little bit though because I just moved to FL and I'm working on getting a new place.

Quote:
This whole, not being able to view your images from a Government computer thing is really cramping my style.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboTuner View Post
Potentially...I'd say it's not due to different resistance between the two for different inputs. I'll check the wiring schematic when I go to do this...gonna be a little bit though because I just moved to FL and I'm working on getting a new place.
Have you been able to check this out? I have not been able to Ind any more information.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Obsessed

Pheonix, I never did get to do the probing as life with my tC was hell (check the last post in my thread). I really do apologize for not checking back sooner, and I'm stilll down to help if you're cool with the delay? I hope you didn't probe the wrong wire and pop your SRS!!

Quote:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I never did get around to probing, I was going to try to install it soon. I can still only find instructions for an FJ though, I was going to just try to splice the wire I mentioned above and hope nothing went wrong.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page