And today this year's adventure ends - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Former '05er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage

For reasons unknown, the clutch decided to weld itself into a single piece today. This meant no hope of going forward without a clutch and flywheel. Unfortunately, Ben is in Louisiana, not Alabama or Georgia. Had he been in either place, it might have been possible to continue.

To throw salt in the wound, the main fuse died while attempting to hobble back to Auburn, AL because they have to start the car in gear (no clutch) and shift clutchlessly. So, after three (or so) starts, the main fuse decided it had seen enough current and it blew about 200 miles from Auburn. They're waiting for Brock Yates to show up with a replacement fuse right now. Once they install the fuse, they're hoping to get to Auburn where they can lick their wounds and plan for next year's assault.

Sorry Ben! Congrats for making it as far as you did. Next year will be better!

lance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 URL10L-FEZRHA Atomic Silver/Circuit Red
'08 USE20L−FEZRHA Obsidian/Black
'93 JZA80L-ALFVZA Alpine Silver/Black

Emotional Arguments - they're not just for chicks anymore.

Most performance mods need a watch and timed course to demonstrate actual improvement. Few deliver the advertised claims. Many are actually worse than stock. The best performance mods are made to the driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 PM
In George I Trust

Garage
Send a message via AIM to tCTech

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I wish you luck Ben. Hope next year shows better results.

Thanks for the update Lance. Appreciate it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to suprman133 Send a message via Yahoo to suprman133

damn it...that sucks. That's the kind of year I had last year. Sorry about this Ben, I know it meant a lot to you. Hopefully something better comes of this. Freak accidents have a funny way of serving a higher purpose at times.

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Party Pat

how does one go about welding the clutch and flywheel as one?

RIP George a.k.a Suprman

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to suprman133 Send a message via Yahoo to suprman133

well, I've seen this problem in people who like to start/store their vehicles in gear. but i don't know the actual cause. It happened to my buddies WRX a while back I think.... I 've only heard of it happening a couple times.

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Ironhead

Send a message via MSN to iGod Send a message via Yahoo to iGod

Honestly now, the clutch? Running all sorts of crazy sh!t under that hood and the clutch goes out? Didn't see that coming before an engine issue. Lame as nuts, Ben. Hope you get it back together soon.

1962 Ford F100
2013 Subaru Imprezza Sport

Racing FWD is like banging your sister. It may be fun, but it's wrong.

STILL Eastie's Internet Boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Dude, I don't even know where that section is. I'm the worst mod ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
you downsyndrome douche
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Party Pat

i thought he was setup for that kind of power, its not like hes boosting like bluesciontc

RIP George a.k.a Suprman

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Wow.. sorry to hear that!

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Eastie Send a message via Yahoo to Eastie

Sorry, Ben. You're still awesome.

R.I.P. George (suprman133) <3: 4/26/1988-9/20/2011
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Thanks guys! Well right now we are 45mi north of Mobile unable to start the car, can't figure out why. Luckily we are only 200mi from home (never thought I'd say that), getting a tow truck back home. At least its only $2.50 a mile for the tow (compared to what itd be from Iowa or Wisconsin).

I'll build it bigger and better for next year, it was a great experience. Even if I knew this would all happen again I'd still do the One Lap. If I got back to AU soon enough I'd just take the Tundra to finish the event.

Huge shoutout goes to Brock Yates for picking up fuses for us and giving us a helping hand!

Official 2008 One Lap of America Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Herbert
A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating. You're there now doing the thing. You're not killing the goose, you're just producing an egg. So I don't worry about inspiration, or anything like that. It's a matter of just sitting down and working.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page