LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to buderic
Default Highway 181, NC - gsxr750

Had the best time ever riding this road

My parents just happen to live ~5 minutes away at lake James, and I just happened to ride my bike 9 hours down there. I won't be doing that again , but if anyone lives by this road, its awesome! Very nicely paved, 70mph road to ride.

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"What a Ride!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---mr2slow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Where is Donnie?

I have heard that is a beautiful stretch of road. I have yet to really make it out to western NC riding yet. Next time you're all the way down here you should hit me up and we'll ride!

2011 Subaru STi DD/Track Monster | Stage 2+ | Eibach ProKit+ | Cobb Tuning Downpipe | Cobb SF Intake | Ark Grip Cat-back Exhaust | Deatschwerks 65C | COBB APV3
Tanabe Revel VLS Oil Pressure/AFR Gauges | Seibon CF Hood | Moroso 2-Stage Catch-cans | Advan RZ 18x9 +45 | Hella SuperTones | Tint | White Satin Pearl

2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Design | 5-MT | Thundercloud Metallic

RIP Suprman133 4/26/88 - 9/20/11
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

For sure! I have to come up with a trailer though, the ride down there was brutal.... I started at midnight and arrive around 830. I stopped 5 times, each time for about ~15+ minutes to rest.

And if you look at the map, their looks like their are a ton of other roads out there, it just happened this one was so close and it was too awesome to even try another road lol.

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"What a Ride!!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---mr2slow

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Where is Donnie?

yeah, the roads out there beat the hell out of the ones local to me currently. You have the blue ridge parkway, cherohola (sp?) skyway, tail of the dragon and many others that aren't nearly as well documented.

2011 Subaru STi DD/Track Monster | Stage 2+ | Eibach ProKit+ | Cobb Tuning Downpipe | Cobb SF Intake | Ark Grip Cat-back Exhaust | Deatschwerks 65C | COBB APV3
Tanabe Revel VLS Oil Pressure/AFR Gauges | Seibon CF Hood | Moroso 2-Stage Catch-cans | Advan RZ 18x9 +45 | Hella SuperTones | Tint | White Satin Pearl

2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Design | 5-MT | Thundercloud Metallic

RIP Suprman133 4/26/88 - 9/20/11
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

I heard Little Switzerland is awesome, blue ridge looks like a lot of fun, so do a few others right around 181.

"What a Ride!!!"

<---mr2slow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page