User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
In George I Trust

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to tCTech

Alright, our adventure starts in Abatsford, WI. I drove to a buddies shop (Jesse) that he owns so we could take his silver Evo 8. It's got heads, cams, exhaust, intake, BOV, tune and the lowest spings available for the Evo 8.

We close shop, switch my stuff over to his car, and we're ready to go. We drive to Stevens Point, WI; roughly an hour south....., to pick up another guy (Andy) and meet at Tom's house to wait for 1 other guy as the other one i already there. I can't remember their names right now. Tom is driving a white Subaru rs5. Bone stock.

Well, the one we're waiting for arrives and we start our journey north to Houghton, MI in the upper peninsula (U.P.). Through a maze of many turns, looking for a place to eat and general hijinks, begin an adventure that takes us almost 6 or 7 hours to get to Houghton. The leader at the moment (Tom) (Andy and I are riding with Jesse), takes a random turn onto a dirt road. We get to a T-intersection and Tom stops.

Apparently where we had stopped, there had been a rail line a REALLY long time ago. If you look in a certain direction (I can't remember NSEW, sorry), where the rail line had been, you can see a really bright light that looks like the rail line is still there. Apparently a while ago, the show Unsolved Mysteries had done a show on this because there is no source of where the light is coming from. It was pretty cool because we saw that light. It was interesting.

Anyway, we see the light and decide to leave. It was getting cool out. Before we leave, some of us grab coats, I grab my video camera. Here is the second peice of this dirt ride out of there. This is still in WI btw.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Were-on...ally_713621.htm

After a while we make it to Houghton, MI in the U.P. We go to the hotel, check in, and decide to explore some of the back roads the place has to offer. Did some donuts, went through some puddles, ate alot of mud and rocks. It was fun.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...nut_713661.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Rally-A...land_713665.htm

After a while we decided to go back to the hotel. We saw a HUGE truck parked out in front of another hotel on the way, practically taking up the entire parking lot. What we found behind it was nice.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...ver_713668.htm

When we had left that lot, we decided to go to the local Festival Foods grocery store and make an order of a Finish dish that apparently can only be order in the U.P. (at least in the states) called Pasties. (pah-stees) We did that and went to the hotel. The next morning we headed out and found some puddles by the old mining company. We thought it would be nice to introduce the cars to some more rally water.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/R...ter_713672.htm

We lost the Tom in the Suby so we decided to hit the donut spot again and add some more rally water to the other side of the car.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/The-ral...spot_713676.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
In George I Trust

Garage

We caught up to them and headed back to Festival Foods and grabbed some pre-made pasties for lunch and headed to worker registeration. We did that, bought some rally stuff, and explored the old mining company.

After that we headed back to where we registered because there was the Lot Event where all the cars racing park, along with driver and co-driver, so all the normal people can take a closer look at all the cars. I got to talk to Ken Block for about 10 minutes before all the fans crawled out of the wood work asking for his autograph on their stuff. Unfortunately I was completely retarded and didn't buy or bring ANYTHING for him to autograph. Next time I will think ahead. I feel stupid for that one. I did get my picture with him though just before people started showing up.

Well, we did some perusing through the cars, got a bunch of pictures and then headed out to the meeting spot for the workers of our stage.

We get there, talk for a bit, and head out to the stage. We were assigned Stages 3 and 8. Starting at 4 and 8 respectively. To get to your work assignment, you have to take the stage road to it. Hence, you are driving on the rally road. Obviously one is going to screw around. I wish I would have taken video of this. It was awesome.

We get to our work assignment and Jesse says as he steps out of the Evo, "Do any of you other guys smell gas?"

Yes, we did.....

Jesse parks the car at an angle to stop the gas leak. It works. Jesse and Tom head out to get Epoxy because that stops it up pretty good. The road they take only lead back to the rally stage and is incredibly long, rough, and wet. About half way through the road, the Suby just stops running. Jesse and Tom just look at each other and say, "You gotta be f*cking kidding me." After about 10 minutes they figure it's the MAF sensor. They disconnect it and it runs, just barely. Tom has to keep the RPM's below 3.5k or below 75 mph. They make their way to a CarQuest and find out that Houghton, MI is NOT THE AUTOPARTS CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.... or anywhere for that matter. They found epoxy, and just in case Jesse got some body filler as well, they also found some MAF cleaner. They clean the MAF but it turns out the MAF had just had it. It quit. Plain and simple. They make it back to the begining of Stage 3 just in time to realize they can't make it to where we were, because they just saw the first car head out. So they were stuck at the begining of the stage.
And now, what everyone was waiting for! The main Rally Event! WOOOO!!!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Rally-A...vent_713688.htm

After the closing car came by, we see Tom and Jesse in the Suby limping up. Fixing of the gas tank commences.

We ended up using the Epoxy AND the body filler, just as a back up. It worked btw. Obviously. It was abot 7:30 by the time it finished drying, so we all decided it was time to call it quits and go home. So that's what we did. It was a good time, I'd totally do it again. I plan to anyway. Hopefully minus the punctured gas tank and bad MAF...... or anything else bad for that matter....

I have a TON more pictures on my photobucket account. So if you want to see all of them. Click the link bellow.
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/Whi...ally/?start=all

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

go to see that you guys have figured it out.

Good thing you didn't tell me to start looking for a tower.. hell if they'd find you there

My
- My

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 PM
BOOST its what I do!

Send a message via AIM to bluesciontc

WHO WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Sponsors: Vinny Ten Racing, Dezod Motorsports, Hydra EMS, Bobs Automotive Machine, RC Engineering, CP Pistons, Carrillo, RPS Clutches, JNJ Associates.

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!

Built not Bought.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to theimpact

this looks like a kick ass time
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
In George I Trust

Garage

I don't know who won..... I know Ken was leading the pack like a fcking champ through Stage 3 though. He caught up to the guy in front of him by the end of the stage I know that.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Where is Donnie?

dude that looks like sooo much final. minus the minor headaches I'm sure you guys had a blast! makes me wonder if any events come around here or maybe the mountains out near TN.

2011 Subaru STi DD/Track Monster | Stage 2+ | Eibach ProKit+ | Cobb Tuning Downpipe | Cobb SF Intake | Ark Grip Cat-back Exhaust | Deatschwerks 65C | COBB APV3
Tanabe Revel VLS Oil Pressure/AFR Gauges | Seibon CF Hood | Moroso 2-Stage Catch-cans | Advan RZ 18x9 +45 | Hella SuperTones | Tint | White Satin Pearl

2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Design | 5-MT | Thundercloud Metallic

RIP Suprman133 4/26/88 - 9/20/11
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
In George I Trust

Garage

check out worldrallysport.com. They have an events list. There's one coming up at the end of the month in NY.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 01:45 PM
BOOST its what I do!

Send a message via AIM to bluesciontc

The Dealer I work for is up there right now racing.

My Sponsors: Vinny Ten Racing, Dezod Motorsports, Hydra EMS, Bobs Automotive Machine, RC Engineering, CP Pistons, Carrillo, RPS Clutches, JNJ Associates.

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!

Built not Bought.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM

When I look at Formula 1, my heart is beating

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page