User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Default Hello everyone, new from Pa lol

I would like to introduce myself, I am BlazeX (or Alex which ever you prefer) and i have been roaming form time to time around these forums, and finally decided to join. My main reason: I want to customize my Scion Tc and would like advice, tips, suggestions, etc... and would post pictures as well. I own a Scion Tc 06.....plain yes, but with the extra details you get with buying it from the dealer, shifter knob, taillights, and such. Nothing fancy, but that is why I want to make it my own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

Welcome to the addiction

Just troll people's build threads some more and cardomain is a fun place to get weird ideas for the car. But make sure you research a question before you start asking them Most have already been answered MULTIPLE times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<<Click for old tC Pic Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage

Like for example, and this may seem weird, but i have been stalking your Super white tc thread for about 2 days....almost read the whole thing
I loved what you did with your ride and ideas put in it, i would like to do somewhat the same besides exterior mods.
Mine is really white as well which is what got me reading yours. Is it easy to remove parts inside the car?
Also thanks so much for the welcome

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

Oh yeah interior bits are easy. Just pull haha. The whole dash comes apart that way. You'll learn it as you go. But if you're still wary there are tons of videos on youtube that will show you how to take apart the "waterfall."

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage

Ok, thanks. i am new to cars and such, but i so badly want to customize my own Scion, your thread inspired me I do not want to copy you, I will have something similar anyway.
Also for example, headlights.....one of them went out and i need to replace them (this saves time making a new thread btw), and since i wanted new headlight units, I would figure asking around suggestions on what to get. I prefer 6000k, but i hear about HIDs which i am not familiar with lol.

And so I am not crazy, I would avoid aftermarket or ebay or whatever, I would prefer better or best lol. I ask because I want your opinion, I hear mengmotorsports.com is good...

Last edited by BlazeX; 01-11-2013 at 01:55 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

Well if you're looking to replace HOUSINGS you'll want to go with 2008-2011 projectors. Any aftermarket lights have pretty much proven to be crap (LEDs and HALOZ burn out, projectors aren't adjusted correctly).

If you want HIDs I'll always recommend 6000K. I think it's definitely the cleanest look. Any higher and it starts to turn blue. Any lower and you might as well just stick to normal Halogen bulbs.
Brand-wise you can go with all sorts of suppliers. Mengmotorsports is a big seller around here. I got mine from HID_SS (buyhids.com), low beams and fogs, and they've worked great for me. Just keep in mind you get what you pay for with HIDs.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage

Ok then how much did you spend on yours? And I have a 06, buying brand new headlights from 08-11 is ok im guessing(?).
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Example: http://www.carid.com/2008-scion-tc-h...ts-314154.html
Does this seem any good? Otherwise I am browsing through Meng at the moment.

Last edited by BlazeX; 01-11-2013 at 02:00 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage

Sorry for double post but seems that buyhids.com is down for now, going to visit the site later tomorrow then. Anyway, thanks so much. I have been researching for weeks and looking online everywhere for tips and advice. Now i feel like I belong here and will continue to since I also want fog lights, led(?), interior lightings etc...
You Jack helped me alot without posting to me much, and love your car. Soon i will get pics up of mine.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Garage

Triple post since i cannot edit my post. last time I will do this, but i have to say never mind about the HIDs, I should have looked in depth, they are illegal in my state (PA). Well, i guess i will try and get new headlights and still get the 6000k bulbs for it also.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeX View Post
Ok then how much did you spend on yours? And I have a 06, buying brand new headlights from 08-11 is ok im guessing(?).
Thanks so much for the quick reply.

Example: SPEC-DŽ - Scion tC 2005-2010 Black Dual Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs
Does this seem any good? Otherwise I am browsing through Meng at the moment.
The ones you posted here are what I'd call "crappy aftermarket." You'll need to buy OEM equipment if you want quality projector headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeX View Post
Triple post since i cannot edit my post. last time I will do this, but i have to say never mind about the HIDs, I should have looked in depth, they are illegal in my state (PA). Well, i guess i will try and get new headlights and still get the 6000k bulbs for it also.
HIDs are illegal in EVERY state (if they're added to a car after it leaves the factory...if the factory puts them in that's the only legal way to do it). But that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page