User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Reign27 Send a message via Yahoo to Reign27
Angry Egg on car... GRRR!

Ok, so today I went out to my car at 5am to go to work and found the driver side covered in raw egg... By this time it had hardened and the clear icky stuff had started to almost crystallize... Had absolutely no time to wash it (was running late) grabbed wet paper towels and got off as much as I could, came home from work at 930 and washed the car down.. Still finding egg in crevices, like the gap between the door and door jam, under my door handle at the lock cylinder, in behind driver side mirror... So my plan for the evening is a complete scrub down and parking in the shade until then.

My question is, what can I on the off chance I really did tick someone off (pretty sure I did and that a*hole is already in deep doo-doo with the police for my sister and I mean lifetime sentence deep doo-doo).

What steps can I take in the meantime to protect the paint and all that? Will a good clean wash, scratch-x, polish, and then wax prevent the egg from sticking??? If so called idiot decides to drop by again at 3am..?

Help please, so not in the mood to peel egg off and find my paint going with it...

Reign

2007 Scion tC Azure Pearl
Stock working on upgrades.. Ideas?
(Not to expensive working on a budget here, send'em on over.
I'm game to try anything and if I can't my mechanic can.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

Wax, wax, and more wax. There's not much more you can do for the car to protect it besides wax. Aside from getting a whole clear vinyl cover that is

<<Click for old tC Pic Thread
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlejack13 View Post
Wax, wax, and more wax. There's not much more you can do for the car to protect it besides wax. Aside from getting a whole clear vinyl cover that is
^ I was SERIOUSLY thinking about wrapping the whole thing is saran wrap or something...

Found a couple spots where it ate the clear coat.. Filed police report today.. Not happy.

And found out it was a group of kids, other cars (sports cars) got hit.. Family cars, cars with 4 doors, cars that shouldn't be driven anyway weren't hit..

Reign

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

Just take a nice scratch remover to the clear and buff it out. Should be fine.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM

Garage

sorry to hear about that! some bastard egg my wheels before too, I drove it around a few days before I notice it cuz my wheel is Gold in color, but it didn't damage my wheel paint at all. So egg really hurt the car paint really?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sw07tC View Post
sorry to hear about that! some bastard egg my wheels before too, I drove it around a few days before I notice it cuz my wheel is Gold in color, but it didn't damage my wheel paint at all. So egg really hurt the car paint really?
Yeah it really hurt the car... There is a oval by the driver side door, that has an oval pattern of paint removal... the clear coat came up in some spots to..

Went through today and used Meguiar's cleaner wax, then clay and found more spots where the paint is coming up... Hard to think 3 eggs did it all so started looking and found bondo patch at the bottom of the driver rear quarter panel... Starting to look like a really crappy paint job (ALL OVER).. 5 grand to get old paint removed completely and new paint job done the right way. A bit more than I have to spend right now, especially after paying almost 10 grand for the car itself a few months ago. Plus (CRY) it rolled over to 75,000 miles Monday... Thinking I might have gotten a Lemon but no recourse as dealer didnt offer warranty, sold as-is with defects hidden.

Going to clay it again tomorrow and use Meguiar's scratch stuff then finish with the NXT generation tech wax. Hoping if I wax it 2 times it will help the paint stay on and protect it from another egging.. Seems like a group of kids went around and egged all sports cars.. No family cars or old rusty things were touched. Filed police report just in case.

Reign

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
AWD V8 KILLER!

Send a message via MSN to AKtC

The police won't do anything about it unless they catch them in the act.

Current - 08' Subaru Impreza WRX (371 AWHP @ 15PSI)
TOTALED - The FIRST Release Series 5.0 on this block. Recognize.
"Got Boost?"
R.I.P. George/Suprman, your memories and words will live on forever.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Scion Guru

I've gotten egg all over my door, rims and tires on my BSP tC. Went egging with some friends since our cars have the giant glass roof. I guess some of the egg splattered onto my car but didn't notice it til the next day. It was a b!tch to get off, at the end I ended up just slightly scratching it off with my nail and I didn't notice any paint or clear coat damage. We egged mainly friends cars so we could see/hear their reactions to it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKtC View Post
The police won't do anything about it unless they catch them in the act.
I know, but my insurance won't fix it (if needed) unless I have a report filed.. Kinda of a CYA *cover your as8* thing..

Reign

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by c500129 View Post
I've gotten egg all over my door, rims and tires on my BSP tC. Went egging with some friends since our cars have the giant glass roof. I guess some of the egg splattered onto my car but didn't notice it til the next day. It was a b!tch to get off, at the end I ended up just slightly scratching it off with my nail and I didn't notice any paint or clear coat damage. We egged mainly friends cars so we could see/hear their reactions to it.
die

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page