Program Remote Head Key - HELP! - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Program Remote Head Key - HELP!

So...I bought a Remote Head Key, Cut it, Programmed it using the Advanced Diagnostics Software and Hardware and ended up wasting 5 Tokens so far...
the AD "Box" kept saying "Communication Failed" - It programmed the KEY just fine...It starts the car....but fails to communicate for remote programming???
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(If you are not a locksmith/dealer tech) - ignore above this line!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Key that is CUT and fits the locks, starts the car...but the Unlock/Lock/Panic is NOT working....

I have tried (possibly incorrectly?) this Method:
1.Insert key in ignition and pull out
2. Within 5 seconds, insert the key in the ignition and pull out again.
3. Within 40 seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert and remove the key from the ignition again.
4. Within 40 more seconds, close and open the driver's door twice, then insert the key in the ignition and close the driver's door.
5. Turn ignition switch from LOCK to ON to OFF twice, leaving the key on for one second and off for one second each time.
6. Remove the key from the ignition lock.

But upon reaching step 6

The doors DO NOT lock and unlock themselves twice, indicating that I screwed up/Am NOT in rewrite mode.

for fun I tried ....

7. Within 40 seconds, press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time and release.
8. Within 3 seconds, press either switch and release.

No luck so far..... HELP????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Obsessed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Unless you have two programmed keyless entry keys already this process won't work. If you have both your factory keyless entry keys you will need them for the programming process, and no the valet key isn't an option.

I'm assuming you got the directions from the scion manual?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboTuner View Post
Unless you have two programmed keyless entry keys already this process won't work. If you have both your factory keyless entry keys you will need them for the programming process, and no the valet key isn't an option.

I'm assuming you got the directions from the scion manual?
Evidently that was the problem, because when I got the car it ONLY had a Valet Key and A Copy/Clone of that. Both Keys would Illuminate the Security light for 1-2 seconds, then go out, indicating it was not a master key.
So we reset the immobilizer using the MVP PRO and programmed the new key to it, which allowed for as I said, the new Remote Head Key to Start the Car, and Auto Learn the 2 keys we had to start with.... but still wouldn't get the remote functions to work lol. We burnt up 5 tokens trying to get it working so I just went to the dealer and apparently they "Just hooked it up to the Tech Stream" lol....
Only cost me $30 bucks since we had already cut the key and programmed it to start and all the rest.
Still Ended up being only about $130 would have been $84 if we hadn't used up the other 4 Tokens for the MVP PRO
(Dealer wanted $236+10%Tax to get the blank, cut it, program it, and add the remote function lol - Glad I'm a locksmith)

SO RoboTuner you are saying if I had 1 more Remote head Key (2 total) with Keyless Remotes that were working 100% I could do the 8 step process above?
(Just in case this helps someone else, my issue is [SOLVED])

Last edited by Robert Burns; 05-07-2014 at 04:21 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Obsessed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Burns View Post
Evidently that was the problem, because when I got the car it ONLY had a Valet Key and A Copy/Clone of that. Both Keys would Illuminate the Security light for 1-2 seconds, then go out, indicating it was not a master key.

SO RoboTuner you are saying if I had 1 more Remote head Key (2 total) with Keyless Remotes that were working 100% I could do the 8 step process above?
(Just in case this helps someone else, my issue is [SOLVED])
Yes/no, YES for having 2 OEM programmed keys prior to doing this...No for a confirmation on being able to use the Valet key as the master chip for programming all keys. The manual says you need 2 non-valet keys for programming or it may not be successful. Sorry I took so long to reply, life with my tC wasn't what I would have liked but "life's a b*tch and the ya die"...fade in dubstep!

You've just been RoboTuned

Quote:
This whole, not being able to view your images from a Government computer thing is really cramping my style.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 AM

The only way Locksmith can program that key is if they have the 24 digit key code located on the paper fob attached to the key head...then you'll need the PIWIS to program..that's it there isn't another way.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 11:35 AM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonlee View Post
The only way Locksmith can program that key is if they have the 24 digit key code located on the paper fob attached to the key head...then you'll need the PIWIS to program..that's it there isn't another way.
Other than loads of people that have done it without having that info. I have not done the tC, but have programmed other toyotas using the sequence above with zero issues.

Given you linked to an actual locksmith in your reply you are either trying to push your business or are a bot. Either way not welcome here.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page