Brakes sound like a spring broke - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello all! I want to thank you ahead of time.

I was driving today and when I came to a stop (regular speed) I heard a spring pop. Every time I applied the breaks I could hear a spring sound. The car stops fine, but I'm afraid I'm going to kill myself.

Any idea what it is? Is it safe to drive to the dealship?

One more off topic question. We moved from California to Tennessee. I am still underwarranty. Do I have to go back to the same dealership to be covered?

Thanks a bunch you guys!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

i dont know about the brakes issue, but as far as dealerships, you are allowed to take it to any dealership and they will honor your warranty

QUOTE (mori)
Quote:
it is like photochopping a picture of your sister with larger boobs.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Former '05er

Garage

I've never heard a spring pop. With that in mind, you would be best to take your car to a dealer, replicate the sound for them, and have them fix it.

There is a spring on the brake pedal that has a rubber noise reducer in it. If that rubber piece fell out, the spring might make noise. It will have no effect on the car's braking system.

If you are hearing a spring sound outside the passenger compartement, you may have a sticky parking brake. Again, it's a dealer repair item.

lance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 URL10L-FEZRHA Atomic Silver/Circuit Red
'08 USE20L−FEZRHA Obsidian/Black
'93 JZA80L-ALFVZA Alpine Silver/Black

Emotional Arguments - they're not just for chicks anymore.

Most performance mods need a watch and timed course to demonstrate actual improvement. Few deliver the advertised claims. Many are actually worse than stock. The best performance mods are made to the driver.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Excellent. You guys are so helpful.

I owe you guys a beer.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Scion Guru

it might be the ABS at work. cause sometimes when u brake hard, the ABS will turn on and the brakes just don't lock and it will make that noise with the brakes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

I took my car to the shop. The manager had a tC as well so he was very helpful. As soon as I told him what happend, he asked me if I was going up or down hill. I told him I was and he said that his car does it too, but he would check it out just incase something else is wrong (I didn't think going up or downhill was a factor but I didn't mention it, he did).

He called me back 5 hours later and he said he looked forwards and backwards and he couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The manager seemed like a good guy so I know he wasn't trying to brush me off.

They also washed my car and changed my oil for free (Not one of the free 3 oil changes) so it was worth going.

Thanks for all your help guys and gals.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Obsessed

Sorry to bump old thread guys... but my car is doing the same thing and I'm taking it in this weekend... was yours a scraping sound? mine sounds like its scraping something as the tire is rotating.. its scary and its annoying the crap out of me... I think it might be the springs.. its still under dealer warranty... so off it goes. That sucks though cause I just got the car.. its not supposed to be making weird noises...

QUOTE (inevitablegod )
Quote:
where have you been all my life?
QUOTE (Plissken)
Quote:
I love Bettie, she can stay at my place.
QUOTE (Plissken)
Quote:
You know Im all talk
QUOTE (moriarty)
Quote:
mori=big fan of bettie
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:23 AM

My brakes do the same thing but only when I'm on reverse. I didnt bought a new car just to make stupid sounds, in the dealer they told me it's normal
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

I think i have the same problem once in a blue moon. I was going up a small incline to fast and even though i was braking i guess i still scraped the bottom of the car because I felt the impact under my foot ( while i was braking ). After that, the second time i broke it made the same sound, but i haven't heard anyhin else.

<span style="color:#FF0000">TRD Supercharged @ 9.5psi - Check Profile For Mods
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 08:31 PM

Default Brake issue

I have a 2006 Xa some times when breaking it makes a boinging sound and the brakes do not work well at all.

Warranty is no longer valid.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page