Help needed with Scion tC 2008 front maplight/personal light. - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down

I was messing around the with it to see how to change the bulbs. the light bulb and the bulb holder itself fell back into the map light compartment. I have no idea how to take it out, its stuck on the ceiling of my car. How do you remove the map light because its stuck be hind it. I need to twist the light bulb holder back into place too and the only way to do it is to remove the map light itself to be able to reach the back. I don't want to brake anything so I need direction and possibly picture of how to remove the front map light/personal light. thanks EDIT: dang this is suppose to be posted under light/ electric forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

The same thing happend to me, I just got a small screwdriver and frustratingly fiddled with it for a while until i got it into place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<span style="color:#FF0000">TRD Supercharged @ 9.5psi - Check Profile For Mods
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:44 PM

Same thing happened to me when I was changing the dome lights to blue LEDs. Just pull the headliner back, be careful, but don't worry about bending it, it pops right back into place. Once you have the headliner pulled back enough for you to fit your hand in there, just pull the bulb holders out. Once you have all of the ones that got knocked out of place, you'll have to remove the entire dome light housing, not just the faceplate. This is a gut wrenching process, and you'll hear a couple pops and cracks, but once it's out of the ceiling and hanging by the cord, you can just put the bulb holders back in, and they'll work just like new. The next hard part is getting the dome light housing back into the ceiling properly. There's some hooks you have to line up correctly and whatnot. I've got the back 2 hooked just fine, but the front one is a bitch to do.

Either way it's up to you. If you can live without the map lights or whichever once are out, then don't worry too much about fixing it. If not, be careful, and try what I mentioned. But I'm no genius, and surely not a car expert. Just giving my two cents from experience.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to dam262a Send a message via MSN to dam262a Send a message via Yahoo to dam262a

QUOTE (Bsinger1017 @ Nov 28 2007, 07:44 PM)
Quote:
Same thing happened to me when I was changing the dome lights to blue LEDs. Just pull the headliner back, be careful, but don't worry about bending it, it pops right back into place. Once you have the headliner pulled back enough for you to fit your hand in there, just pull the bulb holders out. Once you have all of the ones that got knocked out of place, you'll have to remove the entire dome light housing, not just the faceplate. This is a gut wrenching process, and you'll hear a couple pops and cracks, but once it's out of the ceiling and hanging by the cord, you can just put the bulb holders back in, and they'll work just like new. The next hard part is getting the dome light housing back into the ceiling properly. There's some hooks you have to line up correctly and whatnot. I've got the back 2 hooked just fine, but the front one is a bitch to do.

Either way it's up to you. If you can live without the map lights or whichever once are out, then don't worry too much about fixing it. If not, be careful, and try what I mentioned. But I'm no genius, and surely not a car expert. Just giving my two cents from experience.[/b]

Yea i did the same thing Works Great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
||

TeamScionEyed Miami VicePrez

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 PM

QUOTE (Dam262a @ Nov 30 2007, 11:19 AM)
Quote:
QUOTE (Bsinger1017 @ Nov 28 2007, 07:44 PM)
Quote:

Either way it's up to you. If you can live without the map lights or whichever once are out, then don't worry too much about fixing it. If not, be careful, and try what I mentioned. But I'm no genius, and surely not a car expert. Just giving my two cents from experience.[/b]

Yea i did the same thing Works Great
[/b][/quote]

Were you able to get the housing back in flush against the ceiling by getting it on all three of those hook things? If so, how did you do it? It's still bugging me. haha
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 PM

I just pulled mine out for the first time today, and it took me like 30 minutes to figure out how lol. There are two clips, one on the drivers and one on the passenger side. To get them off you have to pull down one at a time on the corners facing the rear of the car. Then it is easier to take the glass out that cover the light. You have to pull the whole thing towards the back, because there are two clips that must be slid out of place in order to get it off, once you have that loose, you can pull down in the middle on the rear facing side to remove the last clip.

Replacing it is slightly easier, but you must put the side facing the front of the car in first and slide it so the clips click into place, if not the front side will hang down a bit and be loose, it may take a few tries, but after that just pop the housing back into place.

Hope this helps
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 03:30 PM

I saw a video saying not to twist it if u do thats what happens that just to pull to remove the bulbs with no twisting, but having no luck on just pulling them out

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page