Alternate LED Interior Lighting - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 05:15 AM Thread Starter
Scion Guru

Location: Sacramento, CA a.k.a. Tha' River City- outta the DPH to the CH!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Luminosity

I was on TRD Sparks the other day to see if anything is new, under 2007 tC there is a listing for Toyota brand LED lighting that apparently has two light bars on each side so you can mix and match your colors! Has anyone actually seen this product in use? Will I be able to get this for my new '07 tC if its Toyota? I wonder if there are still lights in the cup holders... I liked my glowing blue bottles of water...

Here is the link to check it out...

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...24&parts_id=792

Well I'mmmm Baaaaccckk!!!- 2007 BlackSandPearl 5 spd: OEM Body Kit, Pedestal Spoiler, Interior lighting-White, Auto-dimming mirror with color lighting effect, Bazooka Sub, TRD- Shocks, Springs, Sway bar, Strut brace, Radiator Cap, Oil Cap (JDM), Quickshifter w/TRD leather knob, Air Filter.;
18X8 Chrome 'Satisfaction' ModWheels w/ Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 225/40 Tires, Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust System, Next: ?, I need $!
'I look around like "Where the good times at?" I'm just trying to bring the good times back.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:47 AM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to zanson

go here
https://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/in...showtopic=4165

and here:
http://Oznium.com

and save yourself the money and have fun modding it yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

QUOTE (PhamKL @ Aug 31 2006, 03:56 AM)
Quote:
Ah, if only knowledge were horsepower, they'd have trouble beating an Amish buggy.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Scion Guru

Is this have fun, as in actually have fun. Or "Have Fun" as in this is gonna be a b*tch to do. I mean I have pulled the console apart before for other mods, but I am not too keen on electrical work and don't wanna mess something up. Would rather have professionals do it and know its done right without the hassle. Plus if you seen the price its not too bad and probably cost the same to do what you have shown. Right? But yea, your stuff looks really good though...

Well I'mmmm Baaaaccckk!!!- 2007 BlackSandPearl 5 spd: OEM Body Kit, Pedestal Spoiler, Interior lighting-White, Auto-dimming mirror with color lighting effect, Bazooka Sub, TRD- Shocks, Springs, Sway bar, Strut brace, Radiator Cap, Oil Cap (JDM), Quickshifter w/TRD leather knob, Air Filter.;
18X8 Chrome 'Satisfaction' ModWheels w/ Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 225/40 Tires, Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust System, Next: ?, I need $!
'I look around like "Where the good times at?" I'm just trying to bring the good times back.'

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Scion Guru

Well I just ordered the kit from Sparks yesterday so it will be a suprise to see what exactly I get. I will put up pics when I get it installed. So is anyone else going to have any thoughts about this, or that was it??

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:56 AM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to JustWhite

umm no that is WAY more expensive than oznium.com...but hey whatever u want man

oznium.com =
2 12" bars $6.95
2 leds for the cupholders $2.58
plus shipping $3.95

grand total=$13.48

$136.86 - $13.48= $123.38 (total savings)

Aim Name=DavidAW369

2005 Scion tC- 18" TSW Thruxton, Hotchkis springs, Alpine Headunit CDA-9853 with iPod adapter, Two 12" Alpine Type-S, Phoenix Gold Amp, Inferno underlighting kit, Viper Alarm Remote Start, Door sills, OBX Pedals, VVT-i emblem in grille,blue LED parking lights, bumper plugs, door plugs, 35% Tint, scion tC floor mats, custom blue interior lighting, carbon fiber pillar appliques, and luminics hyper white bulbs w/ upgraded harness.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Obsessed

Yeah before I knew anything about anything, I bought the kit from TRDsparks, I received it and THEN found out about how cheap LEDs and cathodes are. I sent the kit back to TRDsparks and bought my stuff from Oznium and did it all myself (without ever doing it before) cuz it's really not that hard. You can do SO much more with Oznium and it'll still be cheaper than getting the Scion kit.

Member of
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Scion OEM amber kits surface on eBay for about $60 shipped. I got me one recently - enjoy having all the necessary wiring and parts in one kit

'08 SSM Scion xD 5MT | 18s | sub | sway | springs | fiveaxis lip kit
'05 Storm Titanium Lotus Elise | sport pack | touring pack | hardtop
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Isotope

^^^ Yezzir. $62 shipped when I got mine early last year. And a helluva lot easier to install than any DIY fabrication.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to wolo Send a message via MSN to wolo Send a message via Yahoo to wolo

^^ I guess I need to start watching ebay now. Been thinking about adding the lights for a while.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by JustWhite@Sep 24 2006, 09:56 PM
umm no that is WAY more expensive than oznium.com...but hey whatever u want man

oznium.com =
2 12" bars $6.95
2 leds for the cupholders $2.58
plus shipping $3.95

grand total=$13.48

$136.86 - $13.48= $123.38 (total savings)

I never said anything about it being cheaper. But still you need a lot more than this and to know what you are doing a whole lot more than if you have a complete kit. Ok so you have a couple bars and some LEDs, now what??!
You still need wiring, switches, relay, etc. etc. Its gonna cost more than $14 to do, sorry...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page