Such thing as mirror looking window tints? - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Such thing as mirror looking window tints?

I saw a high class Mercedes drive by the other day and it's windows were a shade of blue but very reflective. Not sure if it's tints or the actual glass.

My 2012 Scion TC is currently completely blacked out. It's lowered, black wheels, tints are... 20% and 5% all around, and I got those smoked d spec tails.

It looks pretty good right now, but I was thinking of getting reflective window tint. I think it would look really good and an eye catcher. Since my back windows are really dark it looks like it's not even a window. Looks like it's part of the car haha. So i was just thinking of doing the reflective tint on front windows. Who knows...

Not sure if mirror type tints are even legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

yes, it is a film.
I tried that on my tC back in the day, and it looked like crap.

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 AM
Ignorance-intolerant

They definitely exist. It's just another type of film.

And +10000 on it looking like crap.

<<Click for old tC Pic Thread

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 PM

I don't know what it is called, (a film maybe? ^) but I know that it exists. I am not a fan of them personally; they just don't look good to me, but id you want it, it is out there and I am sure that you can easily get it done on your car. I don't see why it would be any different than regular tinting, so it should be pretty simple. I advise going to a place to get them tinted like you normally would and asking about the "mirrored" tints and see what they can offer you. Hope this helps!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Back where I used to live (NE OK) I saw it a LOT in the 90's. It was primarily, almost exclusively, on cars with small wire spoke rims and spacers making them stick out the sides of the car and some name written in old english font across the back window ... oh, and with chrome fender trim Looks like crap to me on any car, but thats just my taste. But yes, you can get mirror tint.

Its also highly illegal just about anywhere they have any laws regarding tint. With regular tint they may or may not notice, but with mirrored tint I would expect lots of attn from law enforcement if they enforce tint laws where you are.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page