ACT Street Clutch + Fidanza Flywheel - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I got the car back about a week ago with the ACT street clutch and Fidanza Flywheel. For anyone worried that a light flywheel is going to make city driving intolerable, get rid of that notion. This set up is absolutely awsome. The revs climb quicker, espcially on the highway and don't drop too fast on you. You can shift normally when your driving in the city and once you get the hang of it you'll love it.

At fist i noticed the clutch was much stiffer than stock but either i have adjusted to it or its gotten softer because it doesn't feel very stiff anymore. I actually like it much better than stock. I havn't ridden it too hard but I pulled out of first today and i can honestly say that this clutch grabs!! It makes driving a joy once you get used to it.

Two thumbs up for both products

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<span style="color:#FF0000">TRD Supercharged @ 9.5psi - Check Profile For Mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Update: The engagement point on the clutch has moved up quite a bit. I actually prefered it just off the ground but its a little higher than stock now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
ema

I was soliciting some advice about clutch brand until I saw this thread. You say that it is a good product right? I purchased one ACT clutch just last week and still observing it, so far, it's going well. So I think I really made the right decision in purchasing it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to Scionic44

I purchased that same setup. The dealership put the Clutch in however they told me the Fidanza Flywheel wasn't matching up to the ACT clutch and in the process of attempting to install it they destroyed the flywheel, saying it was stripped and unmountable

I am currently in the markey to purchase another flywheel as I am going to also be buying the LSD, and wanted to confirm, that the Fidanza 9lbs flywheel will mate up to the ACT Street/Modified series clutch and I won't have any issues?

I won't be having the dealership install it this time around <_<

Oh an btw, the ACT street clutch is amazing. one of the best purchases I've made to date.

TRD Exhaust, Injen CAI, Hotchkis Front + Rear Sway Bars, TRD Upper Strut Bar, Greddy Air Diversion Panel, TWM Stage 2 Short Shifter, 18x7.5 G-Racing Seki&#39;s wrapped in Toyo Proxes T1R 225/40/ZR18, VARAD 16.7 Million Color Underbody L.E.D.&#39;s, Whelen(Police Issue) Strobe kit 2 in front/2 in rear, OBX Speedstar Mesh Shift Knob, 20% Tint, Sylvania Silverstars High Beams, Red + White Gauge/HVAC L.E.D. Swap(courtesy of IceNine), Ingalls Rear Strut Tower Brace, 2 Piece Figure LLC Grilles(GLoss Black),Mculloch 8,000K H.I.D. Kit
Doc. I&#39;s CAI Panel. TRD Shocks/TRD Springs(Red), VRD Foglights spray tinted JDM yellow, Racecoated.com Reflective Chrome Valve Cover, Doc. Iso&#39;s Valve Cover Trim Plate, Pioneer AVIC-D3 with Bluetooth, Sirius, Navigation,and Reverse Cam, Seibon VS-II Carbon Fiber Vented Hood, Speed-Source Polyurethene Motor Mounts, A.C.T. Street/Modified Clutch, Monster Motor Works Header/S-Pipe Jet Hot coated Extreme Sterling, Custom Stainless Steel Midpipe with (2) 18" Magnaflow Resonators, MMW Cel-Eliminator, Samco Radiator Hose Kit(Red), Kaminari KTR Non-Adjustable Celebrity Race Wing Carbon Fiber Blade, Perrin Shorty Antenna, Broadway Super Rearview Mirror(best mod), Custom Painted Front Bumper, VRD Full Third Brake Light(RED), Redline Elite Hood Shock

Coming Soon(In order):
SPEC Lightweight Flywheel and Stage 3 Clutch
Quaife LSD
TRD Supercharger
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Hey know you posted this a while ago but yes, I'm still running the ACT clutch with the Fidanza flywheel.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page