Mothers Clay Bar - Page 2 - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's a great product. If your having trouble getting the "showtime" off it's because you have little to no wax on your finish. It tells you this on the bottle.

If you haven't waxed your car all winter, you may want to use a pre-wax cleaner before using the clay bar or you will fill the bar up with "gunk" very quickly and not get many uses out of it. Also, the "gunk" doesn't just dissolve it is stuck in the clay so "knead" the bar often.

Yes, you have to wax your car after the clay bar or you just wasted a couple hours of work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I use Mothers Clay Bar and I have to say I'm 110% satisfied with the product. When used as instructed, it did what any clay bar should do -- remove the adhered settement (sp?) from the pain. If you are finding the Quick Detailer is leaving a residue, then you are claybarring too large a space at a time. Do a smaller section (it says 2'x2' and it is right) and wipe off the excess spray ASAP. I didn't have a single streak or mark after claybarring a section of my ride.

With that said, I don't think it's much different then other name-brand clay bars. It's nice that it comes with a nice microfiber towl though

I plan on using this product again in the future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page