Scion tC Forums

Scion tC Forums (https://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/)
-   Racing (https://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/110-racing/)
-   -   PTuning Spec RS Shake Down..*Vids from IA* (https://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/110-racing/66615-ptuning-spec-rs-shake-down-vids-ia.html)

rhythmnsmoke 08-10-2011 02:49 PM

PTuning Spec RS Shake Down..*Vids from IA*

I forgot to post this up here, so enjoy...

Import Alliance at the Nashville Super Speedway. It was expected to be one hella hot day, but actually turned out not to shabby. The forecast allowed the clouds to cover the sun up, but they remained dry so no rain! It was about 80+ degrees still though. IA brought in some odd 5k+ people I think it was, and that's being conservative. It's a HUGE car show that included Drifting on Saturday, and HPDE on Sunday.

The drifting was pretty sweet even for these grassroots guys. But I was there for what was about to bestow on Sunday. HPDE (High Performance Driving Event), where 3 tC's (Brian, Kevin and myself) were prepped and ready to hit the track. This would be my first time having boost on the road course and she performed flawlessly. Only pushing 11psi was still WAY to much power for the intermediate class we were running in. Brian was on 5psi, Kevin on 8.8psi and me on 11psi.

I saw the likes of a point-by from the following cars:

-2011 Lotus Exige
-2011 Lotus Elise
-2010 Lotus Exige
-2010-2011 BMW M3
-Evo X Modded (voltex wing, removed rear seats, Enkie wheels, wider rubber, splitter...did not catch what was under the hood, but a stock Evo doesn't shoot flames on every shift, so obviously some engine mods were in store)
-Hand full of Honda/Acura's such as Teggy Type R's and Civic Hatches with K20 motor swaps

After passing all those cars, I was closing in on a brand new Z06 427 edition. Did not get a pass on him as the checker flag dropped and the sessions was over.

We came to the track under our own power, raced all day, worked the track in exchange for our track time, and then drove home all day with no mechanical issues....that's a dang good day. I did have to replace my lower radiator hose as I didn't adjust it enough and it was rubbing against my hot exhaust parts. Replaced it and got back out for the last session of the day.

For me, coming off the front straight and into Turn 1, I was in excess of 135mph! When you see the vid below, it looks speed-up, but it's not...http://www.scionlife.com/forums/imag...on_biggrin.gif

Vids, but not taken by me. Haven't got my camera setup yet, so these are vids I found from spectators and one of the 2010 Lotus Exige driver. Two vids my buddy in my crew shot of us coming down the front straight.

View from the 2010 Lotus Exige. I come in the picture at 3:26

In his other video, you can practically see every car I mentioned I passed up.

At the Beginning is the Red Z06 427 (didn't pass him but was closing in before running out of time)

At 2:04 (when exige driver runs into the grass) you can see the modded Evo X

At 3:40 you can see the bad ___ looking 2011 Exige

At 6:14 to your left you see a Noob Civic driver suffer mechanical issues and pull over on the track still, get out of his car like he was on the side of a road! I had to do a waving yellow so everyone can be aware that Noob boy was outside of his car looking under the hood. FYI....this is not the side of the interstate. It's not a medium, you do not exit the vehicle!

Vids from my club members camera phone.

Blue car is '10/11 BMW M3
Yellow car is Type R Integra
Red car is Civic Hatch with K20 swap

Travis video by Rcurry23 - Photobucket

Azure Pearl is my boy Kevin (312whp/285wtq PTuning Dyno)

Travis and Kevin video by Rcurry23 - Photobucket

Reaper 08-10-2011 09:32 PM

would be cooler if you had a camera on your car. :P

rhythmnsmoke 08-10-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper (Post 1168142)
would be cooler if you had a camera on your car. :P

That problem just got fixed today...:D

rhythmnsmoke 08-10-2011 10:03 PM

bugalking 08-11-2011 05:43 AM

dang T that was a sick fly by with the lotus`

rhythmnsmoke 08-11-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugalking (Post 1168154)
dang T that was a sick fly by with the lotus`

The Teggy pass was faster :) I was hitting 135 at the end of that one. I had to back down a little to save on brakes, so I started to slow down some.

Next phase will be safety mods and exterior additions/subtractions.

rhythmnsmoke 08-11-2011 07:45 PM

Found this one too, I really like the B&W look. I think I'm going to do a B&W video in the near future.

NoWimps 08-12-2011 12:19 AM

Thanks for the vids man, nice !

rhythmnsmoke 08-12-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoWimps (Post 1168225)
Thanks for the vids man, nice !

No problem! :)

NoWimps 08-12-2011 11:13 AM

That evo is sick... *drool*