LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
tC Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyitzpoy View Post
i thought they all came out with almost 200 about 198 hp starting 2006? 161hp are the regular civics hence we can spank those but the Si i don't think so...with LSD too stock? c'mon...
your right about the hp with the si's. the reg. civics we can beat (depending on driver) but the si's are much faster than the tC's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:00 PM
O.G. Scionioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlejack13 View Post
An Si will take any N/A tC any day. Assuming they know how to drive. I wouldn't be too excited about it. You got lucky.

Bump....For an over exaggeration of the truth.

O. G.

Sponsors: PTuning

Built Motor coming in 2013

It isnt the tires squealing....Its the pavement begging for mercy..
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Scion Guru

Garage

What's in your tC?

Release Series 4.0 #1203

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Scion Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWimps View Post
200HP on a 2.0L non-supercharged engine? Im not too familair with engine sizes but i dont think that is correct.

Plus regular civics get 140 HP i believe.
It revs to 8k and as we all know HP=(Torque * RPM)/5252 so by reving really high you can get lots of power out of a small displacement. The s2000 manages 240ish hp out of 2 liters.

'08 Scion tC mt 100k mile club!
Smooth driving is comfortable. Smooth is easy. Smooth makes people want to ride with you. Smooth is also FAST though it stops being comfortable and easy at 0.65 lateral g. Smooth makes your friends appreciate the softness of the b-pillar that is now part of their face.
Please hold a proper line or get the hell out of my way.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
O.G. Scionioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs41203 View Post
What's in your tC?
Who was this question directed to?

O. G.

Sponsors: PTuning

Built Motor coming in 2013

It isnt the tires squealing....Its the pavement begging for mercy..
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Gynecomastia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The other guy is stupid? you are the stupid one for putting your friends in danger racing on a public street!

Quote:
lol .... at 15 yrs of age ... it may be a nice break ....
Calm down people ... we are just kidding ... I would track his little butt down and drag it back home !
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Scion Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke View Post
Who was this question directed to?
OP

Release Series 4.0 #1203

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

05-10 tC 2.4L
161 Horsepower
162 Torque
2970lbs

06-11 Civic Si: 2.0L
197 Horsepower
139 Torque
2877lbs
________

With torque you can beat an Si off the line. But he'll take you in the quarter mile unless he doesn't know how to drive.

200hp from a N/A 2.0L engine is what Honda does. They're all about how you can get good power out of their cars without going Forced Induction. And they are good at it.

Now this is all assuming that the "blacked out Si" the guy was talking about in the first place was an 06-11. If it was anything younger than it'd be much closer because the Si's horsepower drops to 160.
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotauric View Post
'bout a week after I bought my tC, was out with friends, FULL car. Pulled up to a stoplight and a guy in a blacked out Civic Si pulled up. We dragged out of the light, ended up passing him real fast. Stupid started grinding his gears when he hit fourth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotauric View Post
The Si is stock with 201 hp, my tC- I'm not exactly sure what it has. Couldn't be too much less. Its certainly not stock. Either way, I do agree that most of it was just how to drive, and, as evidenced by his gear grinding, he didn't know how to drive.
And he already acknowledged why he won. Why are we arguing about how much horsepower our car (or the Si) has without just looking it up. You're on the internet.

<<Click for old tC Pic Thread

Last edited by Candlejack13; 09-21-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page