User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 AM
SickScion

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1#2047 View Post
sorry everybody, got a bit carried away up there... but still I will smoke you, SickScion, any day of the week. while your computer has to switch about 2,000 rpm's before the redline I can push my engine to it's limits.
Im sorry that you're uninformed about how cars work. I understand most stick shift drivers think they are fast because they have to move a shift nob around a little like a cheap arcade game.

Fact is... you're wrong. No way around that Do research

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 AM
tC Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

^Everytime I have seen you post something on these forums I have wanted to set you on fire.
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 AM
SickScion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYnFlood View Post
^Everytime I have seen you post something on these forums I have wanted to set you on fire.
I <3 you too. Auto FTW

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Sick, regular production auto tranny's shift slower than just about any experienced manual driver, period. An auto also basically works in slip mode all the time, creating poor power delivery. I could have lunch waiting for most auto transmissions to finish shifting. Add on the way the computer is programmed to run the system and you have a setup that is slower. This is well known fact. You can build an auto tranny to shift faster and harder, but the sock unit in your car is nowhere near that. With equal drivers a manual tc will outrun an auto tc every time.

Plus, if you account for the fact that the auto tc gearing makes it better on fuel economy than the manual, there is even a larger performance difference. Auto's are inherently worse on fuel consumption than manuals. The only way to overcome that is through gearing, which in this case kills acceleration.

The fact that you think people drive manuals so they can "move a little knob like an arcade game" displays your lack of understanding of how both systems work as well as a general lack of understanding on what makes a car faster or slower.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - STR Prepped
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Destroyer of Cones

The more I read your replies the more I understand why you say what you do sick, you don't understand how a transmission works at ALL. The computer does not make the tranny shift any faster. It is the way the valve body works that make them shift dog slow. having fast, computer controlled shifts only pays off relative to speed if you are running a dual clutch automated manual. That is why sports cars with paddle shifters or fast shifting autos use just that rather than a slush ox setup like your every day auto has. Please actually learn the technical facts before you post. Hell, go find times for auto vs manual in the same car, that alone proves the point. Nothing you are saying is well known because it is simply untrue.

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
SickScion

Quote:
Originally Posted by engifineer View Post
The more I read your replies the more I understand why you say what you do sick, you don't understand how a transmission works at ALL. The computer does not make the tranny shift any faster. It is the way the valve body works that make them shift dog slow. having fast, computer controlled shifts only pays off relative to speed if you are running a dual clutch automated manual. That is why sports cars with paddle shifters or fast shifting autos use just that rather than a slush ox setup like your every day auto has. Please actually learn the technical facts before you post. Hell, go find times for auto vs manual in the same car, that alone proves the point. Nothing you are saying is well known because it is simply untrue.
I respect your opinion engifineer. Good day

post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Destroyer of Cones

2011 auto tc
0-60: 8.0 sec
1/4 mile: 16.2 seconds

2011 manual
0-60 : 7.3 seconds
1/4 mile: 15.1

First gen manual
0-60: 7.3 seconds
1/4: 15.5

I was being nice and explained why above. But here is documented test results that are " well known"

post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Engi, don't waste your time. he is just an uneducated troll, with no desire to learn or do anything useful..

My
- My

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
SickScion

Quote:
Originally Posted by engifineer View Post
2011 auto tc
0-60: 8.0 sec
1/4 mile: 16.2 seconds

2011 manual
0-60 : 7.3 seconds
1/4 mile: 15.1

First gen manual
0-60: 7.3 seconds
1/4: 15.5

I was being nice and explained why above. But here is documented test results that are " well known"
Wow a whole second faster.. *cough* *cough*

Well ill stick to auto, either way the Tc is a nice car

post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Destroyer of Cones

You were arguing the auto was faster. Funny how your focus shifts when you are wrong.

And in 1/4 mile 1 sec is an eternity.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page