Headlight replacement questions - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Headlight replacement questions

I don't know if there is an active or inactive thread on this subject. If there is a link to it that would be helpful.

My 2005 tC has original headlights that I have tried to polish numerous times with no luck. I have been thinking about replacing the assembly with upgraded lights and everything. I am not too familiar with the different lights, though I have read up on them recently. Everyone is touting "LED" but from what I have read, they are pretty high maintenance. I like the LED halo or accent lights in the lens, but I think I might stick with Halogen.

So, my question is, if I do go with LED lights or aftermarket Xenon or even HID bulbs, is there any modifications necessary to install these assemblies? Should I stick with OEM assemblies or go with aftermarket types? Any suggestions would be very helpful. Maybe a "pros and cons" approach from someone who has had this done or has done it themselves would be great. I'd rather hear it from a tC owner than read about some other style vehicle on other forums or web sites. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Decided to stay with OEM lens assemblies and stock bulb.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page