User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default trixC progress thread

So here I am, starting my slowly progressive (not for long) thread on my 08 Flint Mica tC. I bought it in January of '12 and I'm the second owner, but with a clean title/service record and under 39k miles I couldn't complain. Although I had a hiccup with the dealer I bought it from due to CEL, I got it taken care of and vowed never to take it back there again (Auction Direct) . The problem was a bad gas cap seal and was covered by another Scion dealer for free.

I'll have some photos in a bit, but for now I think I'm gonna start off with the basic "what's it got?!".

-American Racing Estrella 17s
-Some low-profile summer tires that came on it.
-Blue LED dome lights
-White LED parking lights

You've just been RoboTuned

Quote:
This whole, not being able to view your images from a Government computer thing is really cramping my style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Gynecomastia

want to see some more led tricks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
lol .... at 15 yrs of age ... it may be a nice break ....
Calm down people ... we are just kidding ... I would track his little butt down and drag it back home !
post #3 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugalking View Post
want to see some more led tricks
Oh you will, after I get my car tomorrow I'll try to upload some more pics to my thread. And I'm gonna try to get some parts do to my foot lighting soon with the mod I wrote about earlier.

Quote:
This whole, not being able to view your images from a Government computer thing is really cramping my style.

post #4 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

So I went ahead and uploaded the rest of the first group of pics from when I got my car in the beginning of the year...

Ignore the AU sticker, I didn't have them remove it yet.

Look at all that shiny goodness...

I wish I had the 1E0 eyelids for this one...

I thought about flared wheel wells after I took this.

Again, ignore the AU sticker, you'll see later...

I kinda like how it looks a little "bubbly".

Moar chrome...

All of these were taken around May...

Quote:
post #5 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Take good care of that 'shiny goodness'. tC1 paint was easily marred. Lookin good, though.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. -Heraclitus, philosopher (500 BCE)
post #6 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

cdmuile: I try to. The chrome on the rims has been starting to peel lately, so I'm still trying to decide whether I should get them replated with chrome, or save for some new rims (ughhh) and use them for winter wheels as I don't have the stockies...

Quote:
post #7 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

So after finally finding my SD card from an old phone in which I took pictures of some major damage to my poor girl I ran into a huge setback, everything on it had been statically damaged. I remembered having it in my jean pocket while skateboarding one day and halfway through the day thinking "hmmm, I hope this won't ruin the data, I should be fine"...well it's safe to say that it sure wasn't going to be fine because now all of my pictures that were on it (and backed up to my laptop which has since not been able to boot sue to a bad sector, go figure) are all gone. So I called my insurance holders and left a message about getting copies of the damage they authorized work on before I got my car back.

So until I get those copies (or I find a way to use my HDD), I'll continue on with the pictures. The show must go on.

Notice the rear quarter panel behind the door and the back of the wheel well, those were completely bashed in (I'll hopefullyhave pictures to show the actual damage once I hear from my insurance). The area behind the door was "rammed" (the only way I can describe the damage when it happened) by a person who had been reported breaking into cars at a beach here in Western NY, and my thought was they didn't see anything valuable inside so they'd just ram the side with their 4x4) The damage to the back wheel well was from my idiot aunt who was backing out of my cousin's driveway and somehow managed to back into my car and leaving red paint (from her car). I still to this day cannot figure out how she managed to hit my baby when it was parked 2 driveways down the street (urban housing). Also the passenger side was pulled out and just needs a paint job and clear coat to be mint again, but I'm just going to wait for some new body parts...Body kit baby!

The area behind the door (all the way to the left) had a medium dog sized dent pushed in about 1.25" and about 2.5' around. Also the back wheel well had a 4-5" line pushed into it with red paint from my aunt. Not any more

A little closer just behind the door, would you have known that the fold in between the door and the quarter panel had been welded if I hadn't just told you? While the shop was trying to re-mold the edge it had a few tiny tears in the metal in a few places, the 8.0M camera on my phone doesn't really take the best picture, but it works pretty well I'd say)

A nice close up on my American Racing Estrella wheels (the chrome is starting to peel, so If anyone has a way to stop/fix this let me know), I'd like them in an 18" but I haven't found them in a 5x100 and the lifetime warranty is shot because they've been exposed to winter elements (so says the warranty).

Another wheel picture...
This door had a square mallet shaped dent from the people who were breaking into cars and rammed the area behind my driver door. Looks so much nicer without a random square shape.

Some people seriously need to grow up and get a real life (not a low life either) and stop with other people's lives (property, whatever). I had a $1K deductible before anything else would be covered, good thing I waited to get it all done at once. A $2400 job paid for mostly by the collateral of my aunt's insurance (after I called and complained that the estimator was screwing my on the check by undershooting the damages (pre-existing to top it) by $200+. So my $350 check nearly tripled to $930ish (and they said they would only pay up to half of the overall damage, you do the math)

Enjoy!

Quote:
post #8 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Ignorance-intolerant

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Try tunning a check delete on the card. You'd be surprised how well that works.

I vote new rims. I don't like chrome on the tC.

<<Click for old tC Pic Thread
post #9 of 217 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Thanks Candle, I'll post the results in a bit on the card. Though I had an old flash drive in my pocket that did the same thing. XP sucks for data intensive things, but my Win7 laptop has a bad sector so that won't be usable for a while.

I'd LOVE new rims, but I need new tires (the 205s on the 17 throw my speedo off) and I want performance so badddddd. But I guess I'll have to wait until after auto tech school in January for the FI? I also have some other things that need attention first...grrrrrr

Quote:
post #10 of 217 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Candle: That program can't read the SD card's boot sector. I'm figuring that the static damaged the flash memory chip as it gets burning hot after 5 minutes of use. Though WinXP sucks for most everything now, but I don't have Win7 ready yet (new HDD and transfer cable) I hate electricity sometimes...lol How's the switch mod coming along? I haven't been able to get any LEDs for the interior yet, I want gauge swaps too...eventually.

Quote:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page