My Ride - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hydralover

I've wanted a tC for a very long time... when my parents seriously went shopping for a car, we had agreed on a corolla. Then my dad found this for a great deal, and we immediately bought it

09 Scion tC

What I've done...

installed OEM style spoiler
painted rims
blue LEDs for DRLs

What I'm planning...

-painted logos (black)
-custom padding for wind deflector (to stop creaking)
-TRD lowering springs
-TRD rear sway bar
-Fog lights in grill
-Oznium Superflux blue LEDs wired into cabin (4, one for each passenger's foot space)
-white license plate LEDs
-Oznium full third brake light (dark smoked)
-Oznium white dome lights
-Window tint on all 5 windows (80% on front 2, 50% on back 3 - california law says at least 70% on front)
-Light spray tint on brake lights
-Some sort of exhaust.. nothing ricey, just a nice low growl. (I don't know much about exhausts, so does anyone know where to find some good information for tCs? Or am I sounding nooby just asking? lol... Wikipedia and other sites don't really explain well to me)
-Five Axis or TRD ground effects body kit, unless anyone has better suggestions?
-Vertical doors
-new license plate
-IRON MAIDEN decal
-hydralisk decal

Unfortunately, it's auto (my mom can't drive stick, and pulled the "in an emergency..." card), but I still love it!

What do you guys think? Any comments or whatever? I'm pretty new to cars, but I'm a quick learner, and want to know everything I can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<< click for picture thread - 2007 Berlina Black Honda S2000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Resident Swagologist

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Deep

the chrome lip makes the wheels look smaller :-/ ne ways. welcome to the site. ask questions! but search first :-)

post #3 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

QUOTE (Mr. Deep @ Jul 15 2009, 10:36 PM)
Quote:
the chrome lip makes the wheels look smaller :-/ ne ways. welcome to the site. ask questions! but search first :-)[/b]
Do they? Hmm.. that's a new one, lol. You're right, the wheels look kinda small. I think it's just the camera angle/pic. They look better in real life.

Yeah, the almighty search function I'm a mod on another forum (airsoftforum, or ASF), so I know the drill. I've been searching around the board for info alot the past couple weeks, but it's quite different from ASF. There's no pinned topics that go over the basics for stuff... I know there's an "information" page, but it's not really what I'm looking for in terms of information, lol.

can i not edit my original post? it's only been a few hours...

post #4 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Scion Guru

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jul 15 2009, 11:50 PM)
Quote:
can i not edit my original post? it's only been a few hours...[/b]
Time limit for editing is 30 min. Too short, I know.

2007 CSM A/T Scion TC

PERFORMANCE/SUSPENSION
Tein SS-P Coilovers; Tanabe Medallion Concept G Axle-back Exhaust; DME Front Strut Tower Brace; DME Radiator Diversion Panel

EXTERIOR
Ground Effects Kit; Pedestal Spoiler; OEM Fog Light; 19x7.5 Kyowa KR206 (black w/ polished lips); 225/35ZR19XL Kumho Ecsta SPT; S2000 Antenna; 35%/5%/5% Window Tints

INTERIOR
Leather Package; Razo Executive RA118 Shift Knob; OBX Sport Pedals; 2 Pairs of 9" Blue LED Tubes w/ control box; Blue 4-LED Dome Lights; White 4-LED Map Lights

A/V SYSTEM
Dual 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1; Profile California Amp A1200xl; (2) Profile California Amps A600xl; MTX Road Thunder Crossover RTX02A; 12 Farad Hybrid Super Capacitor by TSUNAMI (V10HCAP-12); Diamond Audio HEX S600s 6.5" Component System; Kenwood DDX-8019 2-Din DVD receiver with 7" touchscreen monitor & Garmin nav; BOYO VTL120 lic plate camera
post #5 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
tC Freak

Welcome and good luck...

Your vertical door idea is going to suck bad. I have never seen anyone put them on a tC and have it work out good. A lot of modding is needed and a lot of rubbing occurs and problems presist. On that same note let me mention that they are extremely lame.

I don't really think the ground effect kits do the car much justice. Everytime I see one on a tC it looks pretty bad. I mean they look good in picture but then when you see them on the road your like uhhh it looks like a corolla.

I have grill fog lights and I like them but they kinda limit you. If you ever decide to install an intercooler you are screwed and pretty much every after market grille doesn't support them. I think VRDs are a better way to go if you didn't get your fogs from the dealership as an added bonus like I did.

The TRD exhaust sounds the best in my opinion. It doesn't get annoying like most exhaust do over time. It is clean looking on the car and doesn't rice the car. When your car starts looking like a honda civic its time to quit. Speaking of which I saw a ridiculous accord last night when I went to dave and busters. 3 Different color parts on the car; a ####ty hood with vents that were primed to appear like carbon fiber.. and lastly daul exhaust... one of the exhaust was left hanging due to the zip tie they used breaking and it was actually touching the ground so when the guy drove by small spark came from grinding. Heres some pictures...

Anyway have a good time here.

post #6 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

30 minute editing time is sorta lame... but whatever.

Hmm... does anyone else have any opinions on the lambo doors? I'm completely open to suggestions/opinions.

What other body kits look good? I've only come across 10 or so, and I feel like I haven't found them all.

post #7 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Banned

nice start, but any thing higher than 35% tint isn't worth it imo
post #8 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
tC Freak

Good thing they found a deal on the tc compared to getting a corolla. haha

If you do springs, I'd go with new trd struts too, worth the money to get both at once imo. the trd sway bar is a big difference, I say make that one of your next mods haha.

I have the magnaflow catback exhaust, its awesome, its not loud and ricey, but not quiet either, perfect sound imo. If you have the $$ I'd go for it, TRD exhaust doesn't seem worth the $$ it is.

Also a noticebale quick fix is changing the ugly long antenna on tc's, get a s2k(honda s2000) antenna.

The oem ground effects kit would be my choice, or if you want to spend the time get a rs1 lip kit, gotta get it painted but looks nice too.

Welcome to the site

3/17/10. Hope my tc finds a new good home.

^My 2008 Evo X MR
post #9 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Scion Guru

IMO, the RS1 front lip looks funny because of their side vents in addtion to your car's existing fake side vents. That's why I like my OEM ground effects kit better. And no, my car doesn't look like a Corolla at all. <_<

And please don't get stupid lambo doors.

2007 CSM A/T Scion TC

PERFORMANCE/SUSPENSION
Tein SS-P Coilovers; Tanabe Medallion Concept G Axle-back Exhaust; DME Front Strut Tower Brace; DME Radiator Diversion Panel

EXTERIOR
Ground Effects Kit; Pedestal Spoiler; OEM Fog Light; 19x7.5 Kyowa KR206 (black w/ polished lips); 225/35ZR19XL Kumho Ecsta SPT; S2000 Antenna; 35%/5%/5% Window Tints

INTERIOR
Leather Package; Razo Executive RA118 Shift Knob; OBX Sport Pedals; 2 Pairs of 9" Blue LED Tubes w/ control box; Blue 4-LED Dome Lights; White 4-LED Map Lights

A/V SYSTEM
Dual 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1; Profile California Amp A1200xl; (2) Profile California Amps A600xl; MTX Road Thunder Crossover RTX02A; 12 Farad Hybrid Super Capacitor by TSUNAMI (V10HCAP-12); Diamond Audio HEX S600s 6.5" Component System; Kenwood DDX-8019 2-Din DVD receiver with 7" touchscreen monitor & Garmin nav; BOYO VTL120 lic plate camera
post #10 of 3734 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 PM

Nice job on the rims, I don't think I've seen any like these yet.

I also love my OEM ground effect kit, good investment.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page