Scion tC Forums banner

HORN FUESE

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  netagurion 
#1 ·
OK so... I was testing the relay for the horn in efforts to make it beep when the car is locked ( I work in the ghetto and hate having to look back to see my lights flash, especially on bright summer days) so i farked up and blew a fuse or 2? so i changed out the obvious fuse in the box next to the battery but the horn still no workie...

I can hear the relay click when the horn button is pressed but no horn noise. any ideas, it is dark now and i am pissed.

#2 ·
ok so never mind that, the relay was not seated properly or something... a wiggle and it works fine. so back to the more pressing question... i am thinking that off of the keyless entry control module there should be a (-) pulse? to connect to the horn to make it beep when the lock button is pressed. anyone have a schematic of the stock keyless entry module?

#3 ·
Did you fry the horn?

I installed a system in a 99 Chrysler Concorde today; Shorted the 12v constant from the radio harness to the chassis on accident - it died, and so did the power locks.

Know what fuse was blown?

"Interior Lights" fuse.

The Radio, Power Locks, and all other fuses were fine. Weird. Check 'em all, I replaced the fuse and everything works again.

#4 ·
no i didn't fry the horn... but i am looking at the schematics for the wireless door lock control and i barely know how to read them. anyhow there is an output for the horn i.e when the panic button is pushed. so i just need to figure out how to use that for when the lock button is pushed on the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.