Tune-up recommendations for 60K TC - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Everything about my 2005 baby has been great but I'd like to prevent any great damage. What kind of tune-ups would you do for a Scion TC reaching its 60,000 Mile range? And how much have you guys paid for it? Do you recommend going to Toyota?

I haven't brought my car to the dealer other than the usual oil change or made any significant changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Destroyer of Cones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Nothing tune up wise. Plugs are even recommended for change until over 100,000 miles. You may pull them and inspect them for signs of fouling or running lean, but chances are you wont find anything. As long as you do your normal maintenance it should be fine.

If you drive it very hard, you may want to change the diff oil in it sometime soon.

Other than that, change the oil and air filter at regular intervals, and clean the MAF when you change the filter and you should be just dandy

"I am not flipping you off. I just want to punch you in the face so bad that my fist has a boner"

2005 IIP Scion tC - STF Prepped
2001 Spa Yellow S2000 - B Street Prepped
#3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to rice eater

how could you, by loooking at your spark plugs, determine whether or not you are running lean? and if you were, what would you have to do to fix this ? know what i mean?

say i pull out my plugs and i see that im "lean." what is the next step?

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. Rice.

TRD Supercharger, NST 65mm Overdrive Pulley, MMW 4-2-1 Header / S pipe , Catback Exhaust, TRD struts, TRD springs, TRD front strut tie bar, TRD rear sway bar, DME engine torque damper, Viper 791XVR remote start system, Pioneer F700 Navigation / Video System, 2 12" alpine type R subs, and Two dollars worth of 91 octane california gas.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Party Pat

replace them der?

well wouldn't the spark plug look damaged or worn if one were to run lean?

RIP George a.k.a Suprman

Flickr Bookfaces
#5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Send a message via AIM to buderic

http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Sp...s_catalog.html

If you are pretty much stock (intake, header, exhaust), you do nothing. Their is nothing you can do or Toyota can do to the tune. Your 02 sensor may be reading incorrectly or maf but normally your ECU will throw a code before either. OBDII vehicles that are mainly stock do not mess up spark plugs unless something drastic is happening.

Personally, I wouldn't even pull the plugs. Nothing you see will be able to be changed so it doesn't even matter. I would probably change them out around the 75k just because I do most of my maintenance before Toyota says to.

All of the above were exclusively for those with mostly stock engines. Now turboed or even s/c tCs should pull the plugs more often to determine how their tune is doing. I have personally pulled my MR2 plugs 5 times in the past month just to check up and see how they are doing because I changed the VE dramatically with the cams I installed.

Eric

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"What a Ride!!!"

MR2 Thread<---mr2slow

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page