Here are some cheap Mods - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Everyone with a TC should highly consider the mods that I have, for yourself. I spent maybe about $100 for these 2 mods, and increased HP by about 30. I have to say, I was reading something on this forum, from a guys post that said something about, "questions answered" and I have to disagree with him on several aspects. He says exhaust and intake don't do much for your car. B.S. More air flow = more power. With my Injen CAI and MagnaFlow Cat back, I not only felt an increase in HP, but my times at the track proved it. I have an 06 5 speed that ran a 15.32 and I am no professional driver. HERE are the MODS that ALL TC owners HAVE to do:

High performance breathers and 2 Vortex induction circulators. (or as some of you may know them as, Tornado, Turbonator, etc.) DON'T. I repeat, DON'T let ANYBODY tell you they don't improve HP! THEY DO! What you do, is you put 1 Vortex inside the intake right past the filter. I have mine about 1 foot back, because I wanted mine behind the sensor. (which I recommend) Then, put a 2nd one by the manifold. You will have a BIG increase of air flow, and you will notice the difference. MY FAVORITE. Go to auto zone, and ask for high performance breathers. There are hoses going from the intake manifold, to the engine. The air that passes through the intake, is going through the manifold through these hoses to the engine. You want to disconnect them the proper way, and hook up 1 high performance breather to either side. So basically, you will be sucking in EVEN more air straight to the engine and manifold, instead of sharing the same air. Also, when it shares the air, it takes the air longer to travel through all of the hoses, and the air slows down, and heats up. Tell me what you think after you install these mods. You will be thanking me. After the breathers, your car sounds like a turbo when reved at higher RPMS. It is insane. Plus, I probably added about 25-30 HP between the Vortex, and the breathers. My car is now pushing 210 HP which is more than the TRD supercharged TC. I have basically manipulated the same idea as the supercharger/turbo by forcing in more air. My car runs smoother now, and faster. It is soo smooth on the highway. It also increased my top end by alot. When I hit the gas going 70 in 4th gear, it picks up ridiculously quicker. Same with 5th gear. 2nd and 3rd are definately the best though! My track time went from a 15.32 to a 14.88 after these mods. I actually just pulled on a newer GT mustand tonight, and actually had him from 60 - 90 starting in 3rd gear. It was awesome. Try these mods! You will be soo glad you did! I am working on a double intake now. I will let you know what happens.
dexzin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:50 AM
*Insert Something Cool*

I hope this is spam.

If not please shoot yourself sir.

NSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

They say education is the key. Someone must have changed the locks, because everywhere I look I see a world controlled by idiots.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

and here I spent 2500 for my super when i could have spent 100 bucks and done the same

in the words of jabber jaw "naa who does he think he's kiddin?"

did he say double intake? lol
#4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 02:28 PM
tC Freak

Send a message via AIM to Hi-Fi-tCGuy

I really hope that dude was kidding.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

damn autozone racers sicken me lol
#6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:57 PM

QUOTE (JbodygoneTRD @ Oct 7 2007, 05:51 AM)
Quote:
and here I spent 2500 for my super when i could have spent 100 bucks and done the same

in the words of jabber jaw "naa who does he think he's kiddin?"

did he say double intake? lol[/b]
That is right. Double intake. More air smart one. You don't know anything about good mods do you? You just let retailers rip you off. That's cool. My TC is faster than your 2500 dollar supercharged TC. I guarantee it. I think outside the box, and do work on my own car. It is called customization. Just stick with the same old mods everybody else has buddy. You are really original.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
tC Freak

Slider: Goose who's butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?
Goose: The list is long, but distinguished.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Hi-Fi-tCGuy @ Oct 7 2007, 10:28 AM)
Quote:
I really hope that dude was kidding.[/b]
No. I was not kidding. Are you that ignorant? Adding breathers sucks in more air...It is not that hard of a concept to grasp okay. Stay with me now. You add breathers to intake more air. Hey notice that word, intake??? Just like a aftermarket intake, breathers ALSO take in more air. That is what intake means. The turbonator makes the air go faster into the combustion chamber. Instead of knocking it, why don't you try it? Everything has guarantees. Whats the matter, afraid of extra horsepower? You are all a bunch of dicks, for real. I am trying to help your little minds grasp the fact that you can do custom mods to receive more HP. I only know because I am an ASE certified tech. You are probably all 16-18 and think you know everything about TC's. The fact is, my TC will bury all of yours.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Kinamyen @ Oct 7 2007, 01:50 AM)
Quote:
I hope this is spam.

If not please shoot yourself sir.[/b]
This coming from the guy who has a 16 second automatic TC. Haha. don't talk to me about mods dude. You dont know crap. Again, my TC will burn yours. So don't even talk little kid.
dexzin likes this.
#10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:01 PM
*Insert Something Cool*

I have a 20 second manual... so there!

Lets see some pics of your uber tC. Track slip? If you want credit for hooking a leaf blower to your intake, show some real proof.

But i bet you come back and say" I dont have to prove anything!"

WHERE IS BLUE WHEN YA NEED HIM!

NSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

They say education is the key. Someone must have changed the locks, because everywhere I look I see a world controlled by idiots.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page