Turbocharging Scion tC - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Turbocharging Scion tC

I have a 2007 Scion tC and would like to boost my horsepower to 300+ or even 500+ bhp. What would be the best turbocharger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Research. NEVER boost without knowing anything and everything about what you're going to do. This isn't just an intake where you can ask which one is best, you have find out what is best and most reliable. Are you prepared to spend EASILY $5000 plus dollars? That's probably without labor, all those miscellaneous little things you'll have to buy, and oh yeah you also have to run 91 octane fuel from now on. It'd also be good to have a few thousand saved up just for when you do blow the engine (which you most likely will).
That being said, I'd start by looking at Dezod and Ptuning.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Gynecomastia

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

VVV click

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
lol .... at 15 yrs of age ... it may be a nice break ....
Calm down people ... we are just kidding ... I would track his little butt down and drag it back home !

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
TcOwna

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Rakesleaves said it perfectly. Unless your rich, dont turbo your car. Not worth losing it man

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

I've looked at a lot of turbo kits and know how they work. What brand would you recommend though if money wasn't an issue?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Obsessed

ptuning/dezod/ and descendant. I personally like descendant because I see them posting a tremendous amount compared to others, it feels like they are a very active company compared to the others. They (descendant) also have videos on how to install that they just released, it shows they want to make going turbo more easy for the customer.

Im gonna assume your tC is stick....

ptuning: ~5000$ for a total of ~313 hp on dyno ( ~350 max on stock motor)
: ~5K + ~2.6K + ~1K = ~10K for 400+WHP (using Spec-SS Short Block & Fuel System)

dezod:
Dezod S1 Scion tC Turbo System 05-10
$3,975.00 for roughly 300 hp.

descendant:
4250$ for roughly 330 hp.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewjative View Post
ptuning/dezod/ and descendant. I personally like descendant because I see them posting a tremendous amount compared to others, it feels like they are a very active company compared to the others. They (descendant) also have videos on how to install that they just released, it shows they want to make going turbo more easy for the customer.

Im gonna assume your tC is stick....

ptuning: ~5000$ for a total of ~313 hp on dyno ( ~350 max on stock motor)
: ~5K + ~2.6K + ~1K = ~10K for 400+WHP (using Spec-SS Short Block & Fuel System)

dezod:
Dezod S1 Scion tC Turbo System 05-10
$3,975.00 for roughly 300 hp.

descendant:
4250$ for roughly 330 hp.
I do not entirely agree with your claims on our kit. Our kit offers power levels from 240whp on a bone stock tC up to 350whp depending on boost levels, tuning and fueling chosen.

We have been turbocharging Scions since longer than ANY company listed above and as a whole. We have been successfully doing so since 2006. This is not a stab at any of the companies above at all. It's pure facts here. They all offer an excellent niche alternative to our flagship S1 turbo kit.

Check out our link below to see our component list and some customer dynos.

Scion tC turbo for 2005-2010

Dezod Motorsports Inc
P: 716-681-6666
E:

Scion turbo and performance junkies since 2005
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

Id go with these guys^. I am not turboed, but I understand that they hold one of if not the best reputation in the turbo'd scion community. If I ever turbo my car it will be through dezod.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Obsessed

@Dezod, I was not trying to "demean" your kit in anyway or show your kit as any less than the others, I was just basing it all off the information I found online and I was taking a rough average of what I found.
(Below is ALL from your website Dezod Motorsports Inc-We ARE performance. Scion tC turbo pros! )

"We have seen vast results come out of this system from 240whp to 270whp on the preset boost level of 8 PSI for manuals and 200-235whp on 5 PSI for the automatics. All of which have also had a very nice TQ figure close to it as well, which makes it a fast kit at any gear and any time!" (HP avg
= 255)

"
Though we ship the system with a mere 8 PSI spring in the wastegate, which will yield up to 250-300 wheel horsepower, the system actively supports power levels up to 400 horsepower. That means you have room to grow and expand with you new found love for torque from your 2AZFE engine." (HP avg = 275)

Last edited by fewjative; 04-26-2011 at 05:30 PM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page