06 pioneer T1807 HU in my 05 - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, so i've been searching for days to find a thread about this specific topic and I can't find exactly what i'm looking for. I just bought an 06 T1807 HU to replace my 05 HU. I did that so that I could use the AUX input for wiring my ipod in. I just want to hardwire a headphone jack into the AUX channel so I can run a short headphone cable to it.

I saw a link here that is close, but I still don't know if this will give me a headphone jack. Firstly, I need to know what kind (part#) wire harness to get for the AUX plug on the back of the HU. I need to know exactly how to wire in a 3.5mm headphone jack directly to that AUX input on the T1807 HU. Apparently it take a resistor and soldering which I'm fine with I just need to know some more specifics.

If you guys have done this or just know enough about this to give some input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!

-Move On, Never Give Up
<span style="font-family:Georgia">MONGU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Where is Donnie?

I have an '05 with and '08 HU and all I had to do was plug and play. to run my ipod though I needed to get a specialty built cable off of ebay. seller was billc41 I believe.

2011 Subaru STi DD/Track Monster | Eibach ProKit+ | Cobb Tuning Downpipe | Ark Grip Cat-back Exhaust | Deatschwerks 65C | Protune
Moroso 2-Stage Catch-cans | Advan RZ 18x9 +45 | Yokohama Advan 255/35/18 | SuperTone! | Tint | White Satin Pearl

2003 Lexus IS300 Sport Design | 5-MT | Thundercloud Metallic

RIP Suprman133 4/26/88 - 9/20/11
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 02:40 AM

QUOTE (undeSiReD_eFx @ Nov 20 2009, 04:52 PM)
Quote:
to run my ipod though I needed to get a specialty built cable off of ebay.[/b]
What kind of cable is it, and does it have a headphone jack on it or is it the ipod direct link/control. (Does it plug in the ipods headphone jack or the charger jack?) Did it have a converter box? If so, thats not what I'm talking about. How much was the cable?

-Move On, Never Give Up
<span style="font-family:Georgia">MONGU
#4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 01:14 PM

i just finished installing a 08' hu in my girlfriends 06' TC. i went all the way and bought the $80 cable from the dealer. its a lot nicer than the one you get from ebay, but w/e my girl friend wanted the stock look so i bit the bullet and bought it. here is a really good tutorial and what you need, and what comes with the car. tutorial. the car has three cables. one is already installed in the car. you plug the male of that cable into the radio. then you pop out the blank in the glove box, and install pt256-20161. and there you have ipod controls in your scion. but i believe the aux input is already there all you have to do is plug in the correct cable into the back of your new radio. btw the 08 radio is really cool. it reminds me of an old pioneer radio that cost me $600 years ago. its all pioneer all the way and the eq settings are great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page