AUX input not functioning - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just picked up my 07 TC today and have had a blast driving it around the block. However, so far I haven't been able to get the aux function to work. I have the headphone jack and have plugged it into my ipod/aux input, but when I hit the AUX button on the deck, nothing happens at all - it remains on whatever mode it was already on. I know the cable works because I use it every night to hook up my ipod to my small stereo in my room, and have never had a problem at all.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be? I've already tried searching and I haven't seen anyone that's had a similar issue, and I'm hoping it's something simple that I simply overlooked....

Any help is very much appreciatd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
LED Maniac

Send a message via AIM to SquallLHeart

hmmm.. first, see if your steering controls work.. if they don't.. then the idiots at the dealership forgot to plug in a plug..

if steering wheel controls work.... then i'm not sure what the issue can be...

there's another plug in between the headunit and the aux jack.. but it shouldn't be disconnected... there'd be no reason to disconnect it during the PDI.. (pre-delivery inspection)

other than that... the only thing about it is.. yeah.. the jack needs to be plugged in before the HU will go into AUX mode... but you said it can't even after you plug it in...

so.. well... i guess check the radio controls first... or try another cable if you have one.. good luck.

your "friendly" ystc OG

There's "STRONG", and then there's "RETARD STRONG".
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the response.

The steering controls work fine. I guess the only other option is to try another cable, in which case I'll have to go pick one up in the morning. If nothing else works, I'll just have my dealer check it out in a few days when I go back to pick up the plates 'n stuff.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Well I checked it out a little more...

It turns out the cigarette lighter (inside the armrest that accompanies the aux jack) is not getting any power either. I tried plugging in an iPod charger and it didn't turn on (while it functioned fine when plugged into the main cigarette lighter). So I'm guessing the same is the case with the aux jack, that it simply isn't "plugged in" so to speak. Again however, the steering wheel controls are working fine, and this is on an '07 model.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do at home without much trouble to resolve the problem, or if I should just test my own patience and wait the few weeks to have my dealer try to fix it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Also checked the fuses, everything appeared to be okay.

Something to note is I did have the short shifter installed by the dealer...so maybe that connection between the deck and the aux wasn't reconnected? How hard would that be to do at home, and what steps would I take?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Scion Guru

Pull up the panel around the shifter, then pull up on the panel with cupholders. It should pop off and you'll have access to the center console to check the connections.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Obsessed

yup the dealer didn't connect your stuff back the way it should be. How do these people keep their jobs? I've heard more and more toyota mechanics that don't have a clue with what they're doing.

tC is here..
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Scion Guru

yeah...the connection is directly underneath where the cupholders are. i bet they didn't hook that back up
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 AM
tC Freak

May be a PITA, but take it back, have them do it. the only way QC at the dealorships will get better is when the managment gets pissed about giving away free labor... to redo jobs that, if the directions were followed, would have been done right.

Everybody Strip

../ ..-./ ..-/ -.-./ -.-/ ./-../-.--/---/..-/.-./--/---/--

Yes i did her
-------------------------------------------------------
In/Out/Lights
High temp thermo. Head work/PnP.
AVN6600/mrdm350+1 r type 12, hacked box
looking for a good used flux capacitor
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Scion Guru

Send a message via AIM to whitecastlechris

This might go without saying, but did you hit the "aux" button before or after you plugged your ipod in? i know if nothing is plugged into the jack, it won't switch to auxiliary input. If that's not the case, definitely bring it back and have them fix it.

2006 Scion tC
---------------
Unlimited Slip Differential, Custom CD's, Continuously Variable Odometer, LED LED'S, Horizontal Doors, Dead Moth in Radiator.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page