Scion tC Forums banner

idle problem

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  twiztedlemon 
#1 ·
so ive recently turbod and for some reason it just wont idle right and i cant figure it out, like it will start fine run fine and drive fine but after i hit boost and i let off as going to a stoplight or just stopping all together my car will drop the idle to around 500 and just jump around and i dont know y, and also when it drops it sometimes stalls also, and ive checked my vacuum lines and there fine, any ideas?

oh and ive already gotten a tune, and it boggs down sometimes also, after i start to hit boost

#3 ·
I bought my car with an injen cold air intake ( goes all the way down drives side engine panel ) gready exhaust, and a few other Tod bits like lowered Ect. But it idled rough. Curious if maybe the guy before did a slap job and got the parts on but didn't redo the ecu to compensate for the different exhaust / intake or if a tune up or something would help. Only rough in idle though

#4 ·
Those bolt ons do not require a tune, nor will they significantly effect much in the way the car runs at all. The ECU is well within its parameters with bolt ons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.