Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

edited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This is an effort to clean up the site and create a "one stop shop" for information on the Super Charger.

This is the thread for you;
If you:
want any information on the TRD SuperCharger
want to post pictures of your installation or your engine with the part installed
want to cry that there is no SuperCharger for the automatic tCs
want to post anything or ask anything SuperCharger related.

I will start with a search of all supercharger threads to make things a little easier.

supercharger search

• Fits all Manual Transmission Scion tCs
• Up to 200 horsepower.
• Up to a 25% increase in peak horsepower.
• Up to 13% increase in maximum torque.
• Emission legal.
• Full TRD Warranty

A CENTRIFUGAL SUPERCHARGER
The supercharger TRD designed for the Scion tC is a centrifugal type. The centrifugal design uses a compressor that is similar to a turbocharger except that it is driven directly by the engine instead of by exhaust gas like a turbocharger. It offers smooth power delivery that is very compatible with the tC drivetrain. In addition it allows a compact layout that makes the best use of available space in the tC engine compartment.

The supercharger is belt-driven by the same serpentine belt that drives the other engine accessories. The belt drive is connected to the supercharger by a special enclosed shaft assembly that runs across the front of the engine. In operation the supercharger produces about 7 lbs. of boost, which is fed through the tC throttle body into the existing inlet manifold. A by-pass valve then recalculates excess boost back into the supercharger inlet when the throttle is shut.

An improved air inlet and filter system is included with the supercharger kit to provide the low restriction and increased volume needed by the supercharger while maintaining the evaporative loss capability required to meet emission requirements.

THE FUEL SYSTEM
Larger 400cc fuel injectors are included to deliver the extra fuel needed without requiring increased the fuel pressure. No other modifications to the fuel system are required. Premium 91 octane fuel is required.

ENGINE CONTROLS
For maximum power, good drivability, and to maintain emission compliance with supercharger, the original tC Engine Control Unit (ECU) needs to be reprogrammed. To accomplish this, a single-use “reflash” program is included with each supercharger kit. NOTE: A reflash ECU adaptor tool is required to install the reflash program. The required reusable service tool is sold separately. Please see your Scion Dealer or contact TRD directly at 888 551-2929 for details.

WARRANTY
The TRD tC Supercharger is warranted for 12-month/12,000 mile or the balance of the new car powertrain 5 year/60,000 warranty, whichever is greater, when installed by a Scion or Toyota Dealer. Installations by anyone other than a Toyota or Scion Dealer are covered by a 12 month 12,000 mile parts replacement only warranty.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The tC Supercharger is an aftermarket accessory and has aftermarket emission certification. Because of that there are some important restrictions you should be aware of shown below.

The tC Spercharger System is to sold/purchased only as a dealer installed or over-the-counter option, after the initial retail sale of the vehicle. The supercharger may not be sold/purchased at the same time as the new vehicle and may not be financed together with the new vehicle.

APPLICATION AND PART NUMBER INFORMATION
The TRD tC Supercharger will fit all Scion tCs with Manual Transmission Only. The Supercharger Kit part number is PTR01-21050-90. The ECU adaptor tool required for installation is Toyota Service Tool part number 00602-17620.

More information on why you can only purchase the s/c after the time of purchase. It costs $1,000,000 to certify a car with a s/c and $30,000 to certify a car with a s/c as an aftermarket accessory. That cost would have to be passed onto the consumer in the price of the s/c.

More note worthy threads about the Super Charger
More reasons to get the SC over a turbo, New details...

Z's Sc Thread, pics, dynos, links to vids

TRD SuperCharger IT'S OUT!, Shipping in the next few days.

www.trdsparks.com's SuperCharger page

www.trdusa.com/tcsupercharger.asp

Please, keep all new questions and comments contained in this thread. Additionally, all new threads that are started covering old information or questions will be closed or merged into this topic.

I do hope this thread makes it easier our members find the information they are looking for.

now,...
ready?
go!

ಠ_ಠ
post #3 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Obsessed

Nice job!
Now let's hope folks put it to use...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Ray
Former Oh-Fyver

(basilisk4 @ Nov 15 2005, 07:54 AM)QUOTE
Quote:
^^^ You are wrong. Acceleration is caused by ducks.*

post #4 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Ironhead

Send a message via MSN to iGod Send a message via Yahoo to iGod

i'm so glad we had this conversation, mori. good thread.

1962 Ford F100
2013 Subaru Imprezza Sport

Racing FWD is like banging your sister. It may be fun, but it's wrong.

STILL Eastie's Internet Boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Dude, I don't even know where that section is. I'm the worst mod ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
you downsyndrome douche
post #5 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to JuST_pLAiN Send a message via MSN to JuST_pLAiN Send a message via Yahoo to JuST_pLAiN

I just would like to know how does it FEEL? I've read some topics regarding the TRD SC but I just want to know the feeling of driving the TRD supercharged tC one.

Since it's supercharged, not turbocharged, will it sound different? From my beginner's understanding, the SC will not work with intercooler, blowoff valves, ...., stuffs like that, right? I don't see that they will be included with the TRD supercharged kit. I really love those blowoff valves' sound when it goes with turbocharges, though.

good day,

...JuST_pLAiN...
--WoRK..HaRd_BuT..pLaYED..HaRDeR--
post #6 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:19 AM
BOOST its what I do!

Send a message via AIM to bluesciontc

They will work with intercoolers and you can have a blow off valve on them but if it would work with this sc i dont know i dont own one. (YET )

My Sponsors: Vinny Ten Racing, Dezod Motorsports, Hydra EMS, Bobs Automotive Machine, RC Engineering, CP Pistons, Carrillo, RPS Clutches, JNJ Associates.

WATCH THIS VIDEO!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Built not Bought.
post #7 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to JuST_pLAiN Send a message via MSN to JuST_pLAiN Send a message via Yahoo to JuST_pLAiN

thank you for the answer ^-^

I've got one more question but it's nothing to do with the car
I've been searching and trying for the whole night on how to edit the member title, in your case it says "its ok i got this". Could you please let me know otherwise I will have a hard time sleeping tonight

...JuST_pLAiN...
--WoRK..HaRd_BuT..pLaYED..HaRDeR--
post #8 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

you need to have atleast 100 posts, then you get the option of changing it.

QUOTE (mori)
Quote:
it is like photochopping a picture of your sister with larger boobs.
post #9 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to wolo Send a message via MSN to wolo Send a message via Yahoo to wolo

For sure. Nice work fella.

post #10 of 1170 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 AM

So...when's this supercharger thing gonna be released?

What smiley best represents sarcasm?

Scott

2005 Flint Mica M/T tC
Sport Pedals and Speed Star Mesh shift knob by OBX, Floor Mats, Window tint 30% front/20% rear, SuperBrightLEDs.com interior lighting, Bluebatmobile overlays, YourSciontC.com sticker, TRD springs, door sill enhancements, Broadway mirror, Dr. Isotope's Alternative Radiator Cooling Plate.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page