Lightweight Flywheel and Auto. - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Scion Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to demon2091tb

As soon as i finish my Audio project in my tC i was thinking about slowly doing a few performance upgrades. Eventually i want to find a nice but cheap sounding exaust system with a deep throaty sound. As well as an cold air intake and such. But first off i was thinking of possibly doing a lightweight flywheel to get a noticable improvement off the bat.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/product...oducts_id/10126
Is the one that i found. But i wonder if it will work at all with an Automatic tC. I'd like to get a few more HP and more Torque out of my car. Will have a good extra person or 1/2 a person riding with me all the time when i get my sub box finished. So every extra little bit would help get the car back and give me more control over the power and such.

So will it work, or is there any other performance mods i could do for a very good price?

Suggestions of exausts would be nice as well. Wanted to do a duel exaust tips but havn't found any that have 2 coming out the rear.

|| 2005 Scion tC Auto SQ In progress : Alpine IVA-W200 /|\ Alpine PXA-H701 \|/ LPG 26na /|\ DIYMA 2" Dome \|/ AdireAudio Extremis 6.4 /|\ DIYMA Ref. 12" \|/ NEXT {1} 4.400 {2} 2.400 /|\ Raammat BXT-Ensolite \|/ KnuKoncepts Wiring ||

| www.DiYMobileAudio.com | www.RaamAudio.com |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Enthusiast

thats not a flywheel.
Thats a Lightweight crank pully. 2 TOTALLY different things....i was gonna say how can a light flywheel only cost 160bucks
if those dyno # are right from just that pully thats pretty good for the money. people will tell you they are no good cause you loose the harmonic balancer and all that stuff. I never heard anyones motor going bad from putting one on. If they made one for my motor yet I would buy it up in a sec.

2005 Speedway Blue XRunner
Custom True Dual Exhaust Custom Intake
#3 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Obsessed

topic on flywheels
here's antoher topic with info on the fidanza flywheel

05 ssm tc
side airbags, floormats, obx pedals, alpine 1242d powered by alpine mrd m605
[quote]Chuck Norris can stop time for up to two hours by thinking about pineapples
#4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Enthusiast

The flywheel is for manuals. Bolts up to the clucth assembly. Autos have trq converters in them. You cant use it anyway..unless i am wrong dont know much about Auto trans.

#5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ben@APR Send a message via MSN to Ben@APR

One thing to keep in mind is that these aren't "creating" horsepower, they are just freeing it up. Less rotating mass means less force is needed to reach a certain power level.

However, with that said... it looks like a good buy. I can't speak for the quality as I am not familiar with that company but they are using pretty damn good materials. Some information on Aluminum 6061 can be obtained here.

Ben
APR, LLC
#6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Scion Guru

So being an auto would it still free up power and actually help out in performance aspects of the car?

|| 2005 Scion tC Auto SQ In progress : Alpine IVA-W200 /|\ Alpine PXA-H701 \|/ LPG 26na /|\ DIYMA 2" Dome \|/ AdireAudio Extremis 6.4 /|\ DIYMA Ref. 12" \|/ NEXT {1} 4.400 {2} 2.400 /|\ Raammat BXT-Ensolite \|/ KnuKoncepts Wiring ||

#7 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:49 PM

The underdrive pulley will work regardless of if you are automatic or manual; however, a lightweight flywheel will not (so if you are an automatic, don't buy the Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel). For the money, I think it would be worth it (personally) but it is up to each customer. There are a series of performance mods that work well together... I'd say the underdrive pulley with a lightweight flywheel and some sort of forced induction would be the best bang for your buck.

Ben
APR, LLC
#8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Enthusiast

That is not an underdrive pully. Its just a lightweight crank. The underdrive pullys are smaller in size and would also require new belts. Yea that is a good deal on the crank pully. If I where you I would buy it.

#9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 05Xrunner@Sep 12 2005, 10:31 AM
That is not an underdrive pully. Its just a lightweight crank. The underdrive pullys are smaller in size and would also require new belts. Yea that is a good deal on the crank pully. If I where you I would buy it.
I stand corrected, for some reason I thought it was an underdrive pulley (even when I visited the site).

Ben
APR, LLC
#10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Scion Guru

So thats a good buy right there for the money? In terms of price to performance increase ratio's? What could i expect in terms of added hp, torque and feel to a stock tC. Also will it throw anything else out of wack by adding in this lightweight crank pulley?

What and where does it attach to and what does it control. Would like to have some knowledge about what it does and such before i committ.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page