Scion tC Forums banner

Battery Size

53K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  indemnity83 
#1 ·
What size battery does the tc have? i searched and didnt find anything

#2 ·
yeah i was wondering if anyone knew this or had any idea on how much it weighs and where can i find a lighter battery and yes i already know zpi has one.

#3 ·
Stock weighs ~40lbs.

The ZPI battery kit looks like nothing a large motorcycle battery, and a new tie down. I would not recommend you switch to a battery with less than 600 Cold Cranking Amps and a decent reserve, otherwise your are setting yourself up to having a dead battery when you go to get in your car and go to work on a cold morning. Its just not a good plan.

#4 ·
The closest match to the OEM Panasonic (10.125" L x 6.625" D x 8.875" H) is the Group 24. Either of the common Optimas (the 35/75 and 34/78) will fit easily, as will any of the 1800 series dry cells from Odyssey or Kinetik. If you have no stereo setup beyond stock, you can probably survive with a PC680, but I still don't personally recommend it.

#8 ·
I would go with Red Top as well. I dont need a deep cycle and mainly want good starting power when the car has sat out all night in sub zero temps. If I had a big audio system and ran it at high power often (like at car audio shows), then I would want the yellow top.

#11 ·
speaking of the devil..
eventually i'll be running 12 or 14" sub, 5-8 screens, 6 speakers +tweeters....
Will my stock battery be enough or should i go for stronger battery? Are there any that provide more juice with approximately same weight?

Really don't want to go trough the hassle of upgrading the alternator.

#12 ·
The Alternator is the part that will be your power limiter though. If you draw more than your alternator can provide, you'll kill batteries all the time, whether they are deep cycle or not. And by kill, I mean no longer functional, not just needing a recharge.

However, my guess is you'll be OK with the stock electrical. It sounds like if you want to run the system at shows though, you may benefit from a yellow-top (or similar) battery.

#13 ·
My last setup i had 4 15 inch MA audios, 2 PA 1200 watt amps and a 800 watt for my mids & highs and i used a second battery from Stinger. It worked great, but i also had a high amp alternator installed about three months later just to be on the safe side.

#19 ·
heh, im running 800W and tons of glow, and can have it running at half volume for a good amount of time (maybe n hour or 2) befor i need to start the car... i dont do that to often, but i know the limits now...

but normally, i just leave the car run. unless ur pulling major amps, u dont need a diff battery.

#20 ·
so Doc which of those batteries you recommended is what im looking for. something lighter but i still want battery power b/c i dont want i dead battery and i have no sound system or anything just the good ole stock one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.